- The report contains detailed information about Serco Group plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Serco Group plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Serco Group plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Serco Group plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Serco Group plc business.
About Serco Group plc
Serco Group plc, through its subsidiaries, operates as a service company in the United Kingdom, North America, Europe, the Middle East, and the Asia Pacific.
The companys segments include Civil Government, Defense, Transport, and Science.
The companys work in Civil Government includes home affairs, information and communications technology (ICT), business process outsourcing (BPO), education and childrens services, health, integrated facilities management and consulting. It manages prisons in the United Kingdom, Australia and Germany, electronically monitor offenders, develop systems for law enforcement agencies, controlling immigration and improving civil resilience. Its work includes: border protection, IT and IT-enabled services, government Web portal management, education and childrens services, environmental services, health management and hospital support.
The company runs all education services in two local authority areas and all childrens services in one area, providing services for approximately 500 schools and approximately 20,000 children. Its health business provides clinical services to approximately two million people in a range of primary and community settings and occupational health services for private companies, local authorities and not-for-profit organisations.
The company uses its ICT skills and BPO knowledge to deliver solutions to local government, schools and blue chip private sector customers. The company owns SI International, Inc., a provider of information services, technology, and network solutions in the U.S. federal government services market. It also owns Serco BPO Private Limited, an independent BPO business in the Indian market. The companys integrated facilities management business provides environmental, streetscene and other direct services to councils, and also works with hospitals and private sector customers.
In 2008, the company was selected by Glasgow City Council for a pioneering joint venture, Known as ACCESS, the joint venture provides property and ICT services, improving outcomes for Glasgows citizens. The company has a partnership with Glasgow City Council to transform land, property and information and communications technology (ICT) services.
The companys work includes: command/control systems; defence establishments management; economic cost analysis; logistics consulting; marine services; port security; secure IT support; through-life capability management, and training and personnel services. The company provides operational support services to the armed forces of the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Germany and Australia. It provides training, engineering and operational support, maintain strategic defence assets, and deliver cost analysis, human resources, systems engineering, safety assurance and risk management services.
In the United Kingdom, the company provides training, engineering and operational support to the Royal Air Force and the flight arms of the British Army and Royal Navy. It puts the Royal Navy to sea at its three main U.K. bases, operate and maintain strategic defence assets, such as secure satellite communications and the Defence Academy of the United Kingdom, and provide systems engineering, safety assurance and risk management services.
The companys skills encompass information technology, professional services, human capital management, engineering and logistics, national security, and intelligence, and serve every branch of the military. It provides training, logistics and operational support services to the Australian Department of Defence, with a presence on every defence base in Australia, and to the German Bundeswehr, including its work at one of Europes advanced combat training centres. The company provides information services, technology and network solutions, and enterprise management, engineering, logistics, economic cost analysis and human resources services to the United States military. It provides training, logistics and operational support services to the Australian Department of Defence. The companys joint venture in Australia, Serco Sodexho
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SERCO GROUP PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SERCO GROUP PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SERCO GROUP PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SERCO GROUP PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SERCO GROUP PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Serco Group plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Serco Group plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Serco Group plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Serco Group plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Serco Group plc Industry Position Analysis
6. SERCO GROUP PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SERCO GROUP PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SERCO GROUP PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SERCO GROUP PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SERCO GROUP PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SERCO GROUP PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Serco Group plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Serco Group plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Serco Group plc Major Shareholders
Serco Group plc History
Serco Group plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Serco Group plc Offices and Representations
Serco Group plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Serco Group plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Serco Group plc Capital Market Snapshot
Serco Group plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
Serco Group plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Serco Group plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Serco Group plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Serco Group plc 1-year Stock Charts
Serco Group plc 5-year Stock Charts
Serco Group plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Serco Group plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Serco Group plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?