- The report contains detailed information about Secom Co. Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Secom Co. Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Secom Co. Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Secom Co. Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Secom Co. Ltd. business.
About Secom Co. Ltd.
Secom Co., Ltd. provides security services, fire protection services, medical services, insurance services, geographic information services, real estate development and sales, and information and communication related and other services. The company is focusing on the markets of the Peoples Republic of China (PRC) and southeast Asia.
The Security Services Segment encompasses electronic security services, other security services, and merchandise and other.
The company's electronic security services include centralized systems (on-line commercial and home security systems) and large-scale proprietary security systems, which center on surveillance services at the subscribers premises. On-line commercial and home security systems, the core of its electronic security services business, use sensors installed at the subscribers premises to detect events, such as intrusions, fires and equipment malfunctions. Sensors are linked to a control center via telecommunications circuits to enable remote monitoring around-the-clock.
The company's other security services include static guard services for security situations that require human judgment and flexible responses, and armored car services for the transport of cash and valuables by specially fitted armored cars and security professionals. The merchandise and other category encompasses a range of security products, including access-control systems, CCTV surveillance systems, fire extinguishing systems, and external monitoring systems, which can be connected to on-line security systems.
FIRE PROTECTION SERVICES
The Fire Protection Services Segment includes automatic fire alarm systems, fire extinguishing systems, and other fire protection systems for a range of applications, including office buildings, plants, tunnels, cultural properties, ships, and residences.
The Medical Services Segment includes home medical services, comprising pharmaceutical dispensing and delivery and home nursing services, remote image diagnosis support services, electronic medical report systems, sales of medical equipment, the operation of residences for seniors, personal care services, the leasing of real estate for medical institutions, and others.
The Insurance Services Segment offers non-life insurance, which looks after customers in the event of misfortune. The company has developed and marketed a range of non-life insurance policies, including Security Discount Fire Policy, a commercial fire insurance policy, and SECOM Anshin My Home, a fire insurance policy for householdsboth of which offer discounts on premiums to customers who have installed home security systems, recognizing this as a risk-mitigating factor. Other offerings include New SECOM Anshin My Car, an automobile insurance policy that offers on-site support services provided by its on-line emergency response personnel should the subscriber be involved in an accident; and MEDCOM, an unrestricted cancer treatment policy that covers the entire cost of medical treatment for cancer.
GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SERVICES
The Geographic Information Services Segment comprises various geographic information system (GIS) based services tailored to the needs of the public and private sectors, as well as surveying and measuring, and construction consulting services.
REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT AND SALES
The Real Estate Development and Sales Segment engages in the development and sale of condominiums that are equipped with advanced security and contingency planning features.
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION RELATED AND OTHER SERVICES
The Information and Communication Related and Other Services Segment consists primarily of information and communication related services, including information security systems and network system operations services, which protect subscribers information security in the event of a major disaster; leasing of real estate; and management of hotel business.
Products and Services
Centralized Security Systems
The company offers following centralized security systems for commercial use.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SECOM CO. LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SECOM CO. LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SECOM CO. LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SECOM CO. LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SECOM CO. LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Secom Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Secom Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Secom Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Secom Co. Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Secom Co. Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. SECOM CO. LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SECOM CO. LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SECOM CO. LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SECOM CO. LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SECOM CO. LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SECOM CO. LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Secom Co. Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Secom Co. Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Secom Co. Ltd. Major Shareholders
Secom Co. Ltd. History
Secom Co. Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Secom Co. Ltd. Offices and Representations
Secom Co. Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Secom Co. Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Secom Co. Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Secom Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
Secom Co. Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Secom Co. Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Secom Co. Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Secom Co. Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Secom Co. Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Secom Co. Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Secom Co. Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Secom Co. Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?