- The report contains detailed information about Republic Services, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Republic Services, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Republic Services, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Republic Services, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Republic Services, Inc. business.
About Republic Services, Inc.
Republic Services, Inc. provides services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry. The company provides non-hazardous solid waste collection services for commercial, industrial, municipal, and residential customers through 376 collection companies in 40 states and Puerto Rico. The company owns or operates 223 transfer stations, 192 active solid waste landfills, and 78 recycling facilities. The company also operates 74 landfill gas and renewable energy projects.
Collection Services: The company provides solid waste collection services to commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers through 376 collection companies.
The companys residential collection operations involve the curbside collection of refuse from small containers into collection vehicles for transport to transfer stations or directly to landfills. Residential solid waste collection services are performed under contracts with municipalities. In its commercial and industrial collection operations, the company supplies its customers with waste containers of varying sizes. The company also rents compactors to large waste generators. Commercial collection services are performed under one- to three-year service agreements.
The company also provides waste collection services to industrial and construction facilities on a contractual basis with terms ranging from a single pickup to one year or longer. The companys construction services are provided to the commercial construction and home building sectors. The company collects the containers or compacted waste and transport the waste either to a landfill or a transfer station for disposal.
The company also provides recycling services in certain markets in compliance with local laws or the terms of its franchise agreements. These services include the curbside collection of residential recyclable waste and the provision of various recycling services to commercial and industrial customers.
Transfer and Disposal Services: The company owns or operate 223 transfer stations. The company deposits waste at these transfer stations, as do other private haulers and municipal haulers, for compaction and transfer to trailers for transport to disposal sites or recycling facilities.
As of December 31, 2009, the company owned or operated 192 active landfills, which had approximately 35,000 permitted acres and total available permitted and probable expansion disposal capacity of approximately 4.6 billion in-place cubic yards. The company also has responsibility for 132 closed landfills, for which the company has associated closure and post-closure obligations.
Landfill Gas and Renewable Energy Projects: During 2009, the company brought eleven landfill gas-to-energy projects on line, bringing its total number of such projects to 74 or over one third of its active landfills. These projects consist of the following: 51 electric generating plants powered by landfill gas, 14 medium Btu plants that provide landfill gas to industrial users, 6 high Btu plants that produce pipeline quality gas, and 3 projects that use landfill gas to power leachate evaporating equipment.
The companys 51 electric projects generate 323 megawatts of electricity. Its 23 other projects provide or process approximately 58,000 square cubic feet per minute of gas.
Recycling Facilities and Other Services: The company owns or operates 78 materials recovery facilities and other recycling operations. These facilities sort recyclable paper, aluminum, glass and other materials. Most of these recyclable materials are internally collected by its residential collection operations.
The company provides services to a base of commercial, industrial, municipal, and residential customers.
Republic Services, Inc. was founded in 1996.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. REPUBLIC SERVICES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. REPUBLIC SERVICES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. REPUBLIC SERVICES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. REPUBLIC SERVICES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. REPUBLIC SERVICES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Republic Services, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Republic Services, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Republic Services, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Republic Services, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Republic Services, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. REPUBLIC SERVICES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. REPUBLIC SERVICES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. REPUBLIC SERVICES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. REPUBLIC SERVICES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. REPUBLIC SERVICES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. REPUBLIC SERVICES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Republic Services, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Republic Services, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Republic Services, Inc. Major Shareholders
Republic Services, Inc. History
Republic Services, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Republic Services, Inc. Offices and Representations
Republic Services, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Republic Services, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Republic Services, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Republic Services, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
Republic Services, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Republic Services, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Republic Services, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Republic Services, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Republic Services, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Republic Services, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Republic Services, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Republic Services, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?