- The report contains detailed information about Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. business.
About Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc.
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. develops and markets legal service plans (Memberships). The Memberships sold by the company allows members to access legal services through a network of independent law firms (provider law firms) under contract with it. The company offers its Identity Theft Shield to new and existing members.
The companys life events legal plans provide for various legal services. Life events legal plan benefits are provided through a network of independent provider law firms, typically one firm per state or province and IDT plan benefits are provided by Kroll Background America, Inc., a subsidiary of Kroll Inc. (Kroll). As of December 31, 2009, the company had 1,547,585 Memberships in force with members in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and the Canadian provinces of Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta and Manitoba. Approximately 90% of such Memberships were in 29 states and provinces. The Memberships the company sells allow members to access legal services through a network of independent law firms (provider law firms) under contract with the company.
Family Legal Plan
The Family Legal Plan the company markets in most jurisdictions consists of five basic benefit groups that provide coverage for a range of preventive and litigation-related legal expenses. In addition to the Family Legal Plan, the company markets other specialized legal services products specifically related to employment in certain professions. In 12 states, certain of its plans are available in the Spanish language.
In exchange for a fixed monthly, semi-annual or annual payment, members are entitled to specified legal services. Those individuals covered by the Membership include the individual who purchases the Membership along with spouse and never married children living at home up to age 21 or up to age 23 if the children are full time college students. Also included are children up to age 18 for whom the member is legal guardian and any dependent child, regardless of age, who is mentally or physically disabled. Each Membership, other than the Business Owners' Legal Solutions Plan, is guaranteed renewable, except in the case of fraud or nonpayment of Membership fees.
Canadian Family Plan
The Family Legal Plan is marketed in the Canadian provinces of Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta and Manitoba.
Specialty Legal Service Plans
The company offers other specialty or niche legal service plans. These specialty plans usually contain many of the Family Legal Plan benefits adjusted as necessary to meet specific industry or prospective member requirements.
Business Owners' Legal Solutions Plan
The Business Owners' Legal Solutions plan provides business oriented legal service benefits for small businesses with 99 or fewer employees. This plan was developed and test marketed in selected geographical areas. This plan provides for-profit small businesses with legal consultation and correspondence benefits, contract and document reviews, debt collection assistance and reduced rates for any non-covered areas.
This plan was expanded to include trial defense benefits and Membership in GoSmallBiz.com, an unrelated Internet based service provider. Through GoSmallBiz.com, members may receive unlimited business consultations from business consultants and have access to timely small business articles, educational software, Internet tools and more. This plan is available in 45 states and three Canadian provinces.
Commercial Driver Legal Plan
The Commercial Driver Legal Plan is designed specifically for the professional truck driver and offers various driving-related benefits, including coverage for moving and non-moving violations. This plan provides coverage by a provider law firm for persons who drive a commercial vehicle. This legal service plan is offered in 44 states.
Home-Based Business Rider
The Home-Based Business plan was designed to provide small business owners access to commonly needed legal services. It can be added to the Expanded Family Legal Plan in approved states. This plan includes Membership in GoSmallBiz.com. This plan is available in 38 states and three Canadian provinces.
Comprehensive Group Legal Services Plan
The Comprehensive Group plan is designed for the large group employee benefit market. This plan, available in 36 states, provides all the benefits of the Family Legal Plan, as well as mortgage document preparation, assistance with uncontested legal situations, such as adoptions, name changes, separations and divorces. Additional benefits include the preparation of health care power of attorney and living wills or directives to physicians.
The companys competitors with a national presence would include Hyatt Legal Plans (a MetLife company) and ARAG North America and Legal Services Plan of America.
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. was founded in 1972.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PRE-PAID LEGAL SERVICES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PRE-PAID LEGAL SERVICES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PRE-PAID LEGAL SERVICES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PRE-PAID LEGAL SERVICES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PRE-PAID LEGAL SERVICES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Diversified Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PRE-PAID LEGAL SERVICES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PRE-PAID LEGAL SERVICES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PRE-PAID LEGAL SERVICES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PRE-PAID LEGAL SERVICES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PRE-PAID LEGAL SERVICES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PRE-PAID LEGAL SERVICES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. Major Shareholders
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. History
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. Offices and Representations
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Diversified Services Industry Statistics
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?