- The report contains detailed information about Otelco Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Otelco Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Otelco Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Otelco Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Otelco Inc. business.
About Otelco Inc.
Otelco Inc. provides telecommunications services on a retail and wholesale basis. The companys services include local and long distance calling; network access to and from its customers; data transport; digital high-speed and dialup Internet access; cable, satellite and Internet protocol television; wireless; and other telephone related services.
The principal markets for the companys services are residential and business customers residing in and adjacent to the exchanges it serves in Alabama, Massachusetts, Maine, Missouri and West Virginia. In addition, it serves business customers throughout the state of Maine and provides dial-up Internet service throughout the states of Maine and Missouri. The company offers various communications services.
The company provides wireline telephone services in eight of the ten RLEC territories it serves. In the remaining two territories, the incumbent cable provider also offers local services. Local services enable customers to originate and receive telephone calls. The company also has authority to provide service in New Hampshire from the New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission or NHPUC.
The company provides long distance services to its customers, billing and collection services for other carriers under contract, and directory advertising. It provides local services on a retail basis to residential and business customers. It also offers long distance telephone services to its local telephone customers who do not purchase a local service bundle. The company resells long distance services purchased from various long distance providers.
The companys CLECs provide communications services tailored to business customers, including specialized data and voice network configurations, to support their business requirements. Its fiber network in Maine allows it to offer its customers voice and data solutions to support their business requirements and applications.
The company offers other telephone related services, including leasing, selling, installing, and maintaining customer premise telecommunications equipment and the publication of local telephone directories in certain of its rural local exchange carrier territories. It also provides billing and collection services for interexchange carriers through negotiated billing and collection agreements for certain types of toll calls placed by its local customers.
Network access revenue relates primarily to services provided by the company to other long distance carriers (also referred to as interexchange carriers) in connection with their use of its facilities to originate and terminate interstate and intrastate long distance, or toll, telephone calls.
Cable Television Services
The company provides cable television services over networks with 750 MHz of transmission capacity in the towns of Bunceton and Pilot Grove in Missouri, and in portions of Blount and Etowah counties in Alabama. Its cable television packages offer from 17 to 191 channels, depending upon the location in which the services are offered. In 2007, the company upgraded its Alabama system to provide high definition and digital video recording capability to its subscribers. In 2008, the company completed the first phase of an Internet Protocol TV (IPTV) expansion of its service in Alabama, offering a set of programs to a portion of the Blountsville service area. During 2009, the company added three communities within its Alabama service area.
The company provides three forms of Internet access lines to its customers: bulk broadband data access to support large corporate users; digital high-speed data lines in varying capacity speeds for business and residential use; and residential dial-up connectivity. It provides digital high-speed Internet access to approximately 90% of its RLEC access lines and all of its CLEC lines. In Maine and Missouri, the company offers dial-up Internet services throughout the state.
The company rents fiber to transport data and other telecommunications services in Maine from businesses and telecommunications carriers along their fiber route. In 2009, the company expanded this network to approximately 296 miles.
Local Services: The company competes with major national and regional interexchange carriers, including AT&T and Verizon.
Cable Television Services: The company primarily competes with Charter Communications, Inc. and Time Warner. In addition, it competes against digital broadcast satellite providers, including Dish Network and DirecTV, Inc.
Internet Services: The companys competitors include Charter Communications, Inc. and Time Warner Cable.
Otelco Inc. was founded in 1998.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. OTELCO INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. OTELCO INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. OTELCO INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. OTELCO INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. OTELCO INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Otelco Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Otelco Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Otelco Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Otelco Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Otelco Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. OTELCO INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. OTELCO INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. OTELCO INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. OTELCO INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. OTELCO INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. OTELCO INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Otelco Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Otelco Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Otelco Inc. Major Shareholders
Otelco Inc. History
Otelco Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Otelco Inc. Offices and Representations
Otelco Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Otelco Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Otelco Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Otelco Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Otelco Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Otelco Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Otelco Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Otelco Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Otelco Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Otelco Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Otelco Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Otelco Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?