- The report contains detailed information about On Assignment Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for On Assignment Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The On Assignment Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes On Assignment Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of On Assignment Inc. business.
About On Assignment Inc.
On Assignment, Inc., a diversified professional staffing firm, provides flexible and permanent staffing solutions in specialty skills, including Laboratory/Scientific, Healthcare/Nursing, Physician, Medical Financial, Information Technology, and Engineering. The company provides clients in these markets with short-term or long-term assignments of contract professionals, contract-to-permanent placement and direct placement of these professionals.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys segments included Life Sciences, Healthcare, Physician, and IT and Engineering.
Life Sciences segment includes the companys domestic and international life science staffing businesses. It provides locally-based contract life science professionals to clients in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, medical device, personal care, chemical, automotive, educational and environmental industries. The companys contract professionals include chemists, clinical research associates, clinical lab assistants, engineers, biologists, biochemists, microbiologists, molecular biologists, food scientists, regulatory affairs specialists, lab assistants and other skilled scientific professionals.
Healthcare segment includes the companys Nurse Travel and Allied Healthcare lines of business. It offers its healthcare clients locally-based and traveling contract professionals, from approximately ten healthcare and medical financial and allied occupations. Its contract professionals include nurses, specialty nurses, health information management professionals, dialysis technicians, surgical technicians, imaging technicians, x-ray technicians, medical technologists, phlebotomists, coders, billers, claims processors and collections staff.
Physician segment consists of VISTA Staffing Solutions, Inc. (VISTA). VISTA provides physician staffing, known as locum tenens, and permanent physician search services. The company provides short and long-term locum tenens services and full-service physician search and consulting services, primarily in the United States, with locum tenens placements in Australia and New Zealand. It works with physicians in a range of specialties, placing them in hospitals, community-based practices and federal, state and local facilities.
IT and Engineering segment consists of Oxford Global Resources, Inc. (Oxford). Oxford, based in Beverly, Massachusetts, delivers consultants with expertise in specialized information technology, hardware and software engineering and mechanical, electrical, validation and telecommunications engineering fields. The company combines international reach with local depth, serving clients through a network of Oxford International recruiting centers in the United States and Europe, and Oxford & Associates branch offices in major metropolitan markets across the United States.
The company, as of December 31, 2009, provided contract professionals to approximately 4,864 clients.
Life Sciences: Clients in the Life Sciences segment include biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, along with a range of clients in food and beverage, medical device, personal care, chemical, material sciences, energy, education and environmental industries. The companys primary contacts with clients are a mix of end users and process facilitators. End users consist of lab directors, managers and department heads. Facilitators consist of human resource managers, procurement departments and administrators.
Healthcare: In Healthcare segment, the company serves a diverse collection of healthcare clients, including hospitals, integrated delivery systems, imaging centers, clinics, physician offices, reference laboratories, universities, managed care organizations and third-party administrators.
Physician: Clients in Physician segment include hospitals, doctors practice groups, large healthcare systems and government agencies.
IT and Engineering: In IT and Engineering segment, the company supplies services to a range of clients. The company can also provide a person with a specific type of embedded software expertise to a smaller company finishing up the development of a new product.
Life Sciences: The companys competitors include Manpower, Inc., Kelly Services, Inc., Adecco SA, Yoh Company, and the Allegis Group.
Healthcare: In the Nurse Travel line of business, the companys competitors include AMN Healthcare Services, Inc., Cross Country, Inc. and several privately-held companies. In the Allied Healthcare line of business, its competitors include Cross Country, Inc., AMN Healthcare Services, Inc., Kforce Inc., and the Allegis Group.
Physician: The companys competitors include CHG Healthcare Services, TeamHealth, Inc., Cross Country, Inc., and AMN Healthcare Services, Inc.
IT and Engineering: The company competes with Accenture, Inc., International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), the Yoh Company, Aerotek, and Robert Half International, Inc.
On Assignment, Inc. was founded in 1985.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ON ASSIGNMENT INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ON ASSIGNMENT INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ON ASSIGNMENT INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ON ASSIGNMENT INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ON ASSIGNMENT INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. On Assignment Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of On Assignment Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of On Assignment Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. On Assignment Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. On Assignment Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ON ASSIGNMENT INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ON ASSIGNMENT INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ON ASSIGNMENT INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ON ASSIGNMENT INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ON ASSIGNMENT INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ON ASSIGNMENT INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
On Assignment Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
On Assignment Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
On Assignment Inc. Major Shareholders
On Assignment Inc. History
On Assignment Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
On Assignment Inc. Offices and Representations
On Assignment Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
On Assignment Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
On Assignment Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
On Assignment Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
On Assignment Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
On Assignment Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
On Assignment Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
On Assignment Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
On Assignment Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
On Assignment Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
On Assignment Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
On Assignment Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?