- The report contains detailed information about Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. business.
About Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc.
Odyssey Marine Exploration, Inc. engages in archaeologically sensitive exploration and recovery of shipwrecks worldwide. The company employs advanced technology, including side-scan sonar, magnetometers, remotely operated vehicles (ROVs), and other technology, that enables it to locate and recover shipwrecks at depths that were previously unreachable. It involves in the sale of coins, artifacts, and merchandise; and the lease of its themed attraction exhibit and expedition charters.
The company uses advanced deep-ocean technology for shipwreck exploration. Its shipwreck projects go through various phases, beginning with research and development, and search operations. Once a site that meets its criteria is identified, it undertakes an archaeological excavation of the site. The excavation stage is followed by conservation, recording, and documentation. The company shares the information through various media including television, the Internet, books, research papers, periodicals, educational programs, and traveling exhibits. It also allows collectors to own a piece of history from a shipwrecks cargo, thereby providing an opportunity for everyone interested in shipwrecks to participate in its fascinating discoveries at the level of their choice.
Shipwreck search operations are conducted from a research vessel fitted with survey equipment and often with a remotely operated vehicle (ROV). Using side-scan sonar and magnetometers, the companys ships can conduct deep-sea search operations. A search begins with a side-scan sonar survey of the target area, which is paired with a magnetometer survey.
Archaeological Excavation and Recovery
Archaeological excavation and recovery operations combine robotics, including ROVs with positioning systems, cameras, and specialized computer hardware and software to record the location of artifacts in situ and to document the entire archaeological process as the artifacts are recovered from a shipwreck site.
The Odyssey Explorer, a 251-foot Class II dynamically positioning (DP) ship, serves as the companys principal deep-ocean archaeological platform. It carries fuel and stores for missions of up to 60 days, accommodates 42 crew members, including technicians, scientists, and archaeologists, and has onboard storage space for workshops, an archaeology laboratory, multiple cranes, and an A-frame for handling capability.
The centerpiece of the companys robotic archaeology system is the ROV, which serves as the archaeologists eyes and hands in the deep ocean. The company owns two work-class ROVs, nicknamed ZEUS and ZEUS II. The 200HP and 400 HP vehicles, respectively, are each approximately the size of a small truck; they stand approximately 10 feet high and weigh 8 tons. They are rated to operate up to depths of 2,500 meters (8,200 ft). Both ROVs have been custom-designed for deep-ocean archaeological survey and recovery operations, including visual inspection, pre-disturbance photographic and video documentation, scientific excavation, and artifact recovery.
Sales and Marketing
The company sells primarily through independent dealers, such as AMS, Inc. and MBI, Inc. As of December 31, 2009, it had a remaining inventory of approximately 29,000 silver coins. Also, it has recovered approximately 500,000 silver coins, various gold coins, worked gold, and other artifacts from a site in the Atlantic Ocean code-named Black Swan. It also provides project research and shipwreck search and survey services to Robert Fraser Marine Ltd and client companies of Robert Fraser & Partners LLP located in the United Kingdom.
In November 2009, the company acquired a 25% interest in SMM Project LLC, which purchased a majority interest in Bluewater Metals Pty Ltd, an Australian company with licenses for mineral exploration of approximately 150,000 square kilometers of ocean floor in 4 different countries in the South Pacific. The group would focus on the exploration and monetization of gold, silver, zinc and copper-rich Seafloor Massive Sulfide (SMS) deposits through a new business entity, Dorado Ocean Resources Ltd.
Odyssey Marine Exploration, Inc. was founded in 1986.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ODYSSEY MARINE EXPLORATION INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ODYSSEY MARINE EXPLORATION INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ODYSSEY MARINE EXPLORATION INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ODYSSEY MARINE EXPLORATION INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ODYSSEY MARINE EXPLORATION INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ODYSSEY MARINE EXPLORATION INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ODYSSEY MARINE EXPLORATION INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ODYSSEY MARINE EXPLORATION INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ODYSSEY MARINE EXPLORATION INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ODYSSEY MARINE EXPLORATION INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ODYSSEY MARINE EXPLORATION INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. Major Shareholders
Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. History
Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. Offices and Representations
Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?