- The report contains detailed information about NTT DOCOMO, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for NTT DOCOMO, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The NTT DOCOMO, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes NTT DOCOMO, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of NTT DOCOMO, Inc. business.
About NTT DOCOMO, Inc.
NTT DoCoMo, Inc. and its subsidiaries provide wireless telecommunications services, packet communications services, and satellite mobile communications services in Japan. It focuses on the development of mobile multimedia services, such as i-mode service (Internet access service for mobile terminals). In addition to offering enhanced music and video services and mobile credit payment services, the company is personalizing services and functions to match customers lifestyles and needs and providing services that make use of the characteristics of mobile phones. The company also provides handsets adapted for this extensive range of services and contents, offering a handset lineup that has been tailored to diversifying customer values and lifestyles.
Wireless Communication Services
The company offers wireless voice and data communication services on networks that are accessible by substantially the entire population in Japan. The company offers various services to support its subscribers needs for wireless voice and data communications. In addition to the cellular voice services, the company focuses on mobile multimedia services, such as i-mode.
The companys core business is its cellular services. The company also offers FOMA services, on its 3G network, with voice and high-speed data communications which are compatible with various services such as videophone and video content downloading.
Cellular (mova) Services: The companys 2G mova services are still offered on its nationwide 800 MHz digital network.
Cellular (FOMA) Services: FOMA services are its third generation, or 3G, wireless voice and data communication services.
i-mode Services: i-mode services are its wireless Internet access services based on a data transmission system that organizes data into bundles called packets prior to transmission. The companys i-mode capable handsets allow subscribers to send and receive data through its i-mode server to and from the Internet in addition to providing them with the range of cellular voice services. i-mode is an optional service available to mova and FOMA subscribers which allows users to send and receive e-mail, access online services such as banking services and airline and ticket reservations, access an array of information from i-mode servers and execute and settle retail transactions directly through their handsets.
Services on i-mode
Typical services that may be accessed through an i-mode handset include: e-mail; games and other entertainment; music distribution/video clips/e-books; social network services; online shopping (CDs, books, tickets, others)/auctions; news, weather and sports information; mobile banking; other financial services, such as DCMX, iD and other credit card services and information and online stock quotes and trading; maps and travel information; community guides, living information, safety and healthcare information; and telephone directories.
In 2006, the company launched the Music Channel, a service that, requiring only advance settings by a user, automatically distributes music programming of up to an hour in length to FOMA users with HSDPA compatible handsets late at night and enables users to listen to the programming at any time during the day. In 2007, the service also began offering distribution of video programs, and the company changed the name of the service to the Music & Video Channel.
In June 2008, the company launched the POCKETU service, which enables users to access or view videos, music, photos, and documents stored on the users home PC via mobile phone or smartphone. In August 2008, the company began providing the Net Kaden Plug-In service as an expanded function.
Improvement of i-mode
In 2006, the company launched a search-by-keyword function for i-mode menu sites, to provide even greater convenience for i-mode customers. In January 2008, the company formed a partnership with Google Inc. (Google) that includes providing search services, search-related advertisements, and applications for use by i-mode subscribers.
In April 2008, the company overhauled iMenu, the i-mode portal site. Through this renewal, the company
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NTT DOCOMO, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NTT DOCOMO, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NTT DOCOMO, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NTT DOCOMO, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NTT DOCOMO, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. NTT DOCOMO, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of NTT DOCOMO, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of NTT DOCOMO, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. NTT DOCOMO, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. NTT DOCOMO, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NTT DOCOMO, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NTT DOCOMO, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NTT DOCOMO, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NTT DOCOMO, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NTT DOCOMO, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NTT DOCOMO, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
NTT DOCOMO, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
NTT DOCOMO, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
NTT DOCOMO, Inc. Major Shareholders
NTT DOCOMO, Inc. History
NTT DOCOMO, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
NTT DOCOMO, Inc. Offices and Representations
NTT DOCOMO, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
NTT DOCOMO, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
NTT DOCOMO, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
NTT DOCOMO, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
NTT DOCOMO, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
NTT DOCOMO, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
NTT DOCOMO, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
NTT DOCOMO, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
NTT DOCOMO, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
NTT DOCOMO, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
NTT DOCOMO, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
NTT DOCOMO, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?