- The report contains detailed information about New Oriental Education & Technology Group that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for New Oriental Education & Technology Group. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The New Oriental Education & Technology Group financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes New Oriental Education & Technology Group competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of New Oriental Education & Technology Group business.
About New Oriental Education & Technology Group
New Oriental Education & Technology Group Inc. provides private educational services primarily in the Peoples Republic of China. The company offers a range of educational programs, services, and products consisting primarily of English and other foreign language training, test preparation courses for major admissions and assessment tests in the United States, China, and Commonwealth countries, primary and secondary school education, development and distribution of educational content, software and other technology, and online education.
The company provides educational services under its New Oriental brand. As of May 31, 2009, the company had approximately 1,519,000 student enrollments, including approximately 937,000 student enrollments in its language training programs and approximately 582,000 student enrollments in its test preparation courses. The company delivered its educational programs, services, and products to students through a physical network of 48 schools, 222 learning centers and 24 bookstores operated by the company as of May 31, 2009, approximately 5,000 third-party bookstores and approximately 5,200 teachers in 42 cities, as well as through its virtual online network, which has approximately 4.5 million registered users.
Programs, Services and Products
The company provides various educational programs, services and products intended to address the needs of its students. It delivers education to its students primarily in traditional classroom settings and also through online instruction. Its program, service and product offerings are generally divided into six areas: language training; test preparation; primary and secondary school; educational content, software and other technology development and distribution; online education; and other services and products.
Language Training Courses
The companys language training courses primarily consist of various types of English language training courses. It also provides training courses for other foreign languages, including German, Japanese, French, Korean, and Spanish. As of May 31, 2009, it had approximately 937,000 student enrollments in its language training courses.
The company offers English to students of all age groups and with various motivations for learning English. It categorizes its English language training courses into various areas: English for adults; English for children, including Pop Kids English program; English for middle school and high schools students; and Elite English for high-income adults and children of high-income families.
English for Adults: The companys English for adults program offers courses designed to teach and improve college and other adult students English writing, reading, listening and speaking skills. Its schools and learning centers also have language labs at which its students can listen to and recite spoken passages on CDs and audio tapes to improve their listening and speaking skills. It also offers condensed versions of its courses, in particular during the summer months when various academic institutions are on summer break. As of May 31, 2009, it had approximately 278,000 student enrollments in its English for adults courses.
English for Children: The company established its English for children program for children in kindergarten through grade six. It designed its English for children program based upon various principles, including: it uses localized materials originally published by international education content providers and publishers while taking into account the local public schools curricula, the skills and abilities of the individual child and adapting to particular needs; it assists students in mastering the basics of the language in various fun ways, including interactive games, activities and cultural studies; and the company gives children a passion for learning the language and guide and inspire them to develop their self-learning abilities. As of May 31, 2009, the company had approximately 308,000 student enrollments in its English for children program.
English for Middle School and High School Students: The company's English language training courses f
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NEW ORIENTAL EDUCATION & TECHNOLOGY GROUP COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NEW ORIENTAL EDUCATION & TECHNOLOGY GROUP BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NEW ORIENTAL EDUCATION & TECHNOLOGY GROUP SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NEW ORIENTAL EDUCATION & TECHNOLOGY GROUP FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NEW ORIENTAL EDUCATION & TECHNOLOGY GROUP COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. New Oriental Education & Technology Group Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of New Oriental Education & Technology Group and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of New Oriental Education & Technology Group and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. New Oriental Education & Technology Group Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Diversified Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. New Oriental Education & Technology Group Industry Position Analysis
6. NEW ORIENTAL EDUCATION & TECHNOLOGY GROUP NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NEW ORIENTAL EDUCATION & TECHNOLOGY GROUP EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NEW ORIENTAL EDUCATION & TECHNOLOGY GROUP ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NEW ORIENTAL EDUCATION & TECHNOLOGY GROUP IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NEW ORIENTAL EDUCATION & TECHNOLOGY GROUP PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NEW ORIENTAL EDUCATION & TECHNOLOGY GROUP VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
New Oriental Education & Technology Group Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
New Oriental Education & Technology Group Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
New Oriental Education & Technology Group Major Shareholders
New Oriental Education & Technology Group History
New Oriental Education & Technology Group Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
New Oriental Education & Technology Group Offices and Representations
New Oriental Education & Technology Group SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
New Oriental Education & Technology Group Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
New Oriental Education & Technology Group Capital Market Snapshot
New Oriental Education & Technology Group Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Diversified Services Industry Statistics
New Oriental Education & Technology Group Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
New Oriental Education & Technology Group Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
New Oriental Education & Technology Group Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
New Oriental Education & Technology Group 1-year Stock Charts
New Oriental Education & Technology Group 5-year Stock Charts
New Oriental Education & Technology Group vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
New Oriental Education & Technology Group vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
New Oriental Education & Technology Group Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?