- The report contains detailed information about National American University Holdings, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for National American University Holdings, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The National American University Holdings, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes National American University Holdings, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of National American University Holdings, Inc. business.
About National American University Holdings, Inc.
National American University Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiary, Dlorah, Inc., engages in the ownership and operation of National American University (NAU), a for-profit university with multiple campuses in the United States. The company provides associates, bachelors, and masters degree programs in core academic disciplines of accounting, applied management, business administration, health care, and information technology. It also develops, leases, and sells luxury condominiums, apartments, and townhomes in Rapid City, South Dakota.
The company operates in two divisions, National American University Division and Real Estate Division.
National American University Division
The National American University division operates 14 campuses, 2 education centers, and 1 extension site located in 7 states throughout the United States, as well as a distance learning campus serving students both domestically and in other parts of the world. The company offers online courses to approximately 4,000 students worldwide, and to approximately 4,500 additional students through its partner services, in addition to supporting approximately 6,000 students at its campus locations. As of November 23, 2009, the company had approximately 1,000 faculty and staff at its locations throughout the southern, western, and midwestern United States. The company operates primarily out of its 50,000 square-foot facility in Rapid City, South Dakota, which houses its distance learning campus and central administration offices.
NAU offers the master of business administration, master of management, bachelor of science, associate of applied science, and associate of science degrees, with various program options to each of these degrees. NAU also offers diploma programs, consisting of a series of courses focused on a particular area of study, for students who seek to improve their skills and knowledge in the areas of healthcare coding, Microsoft system administrator, Microsoft system engineer, network and server engineer, practical nursing, therapeutic massage, and veterinary assisting.
Real Estate Division
The Real Estate division includes Fairway Hills Developments (FWH), which rents apartment units and develops and sells real estate in the Fairway Hills planned residential development (FWH PRD) area of Rapid City, South Dakota. FWH conducts business through various projects and associations, including FWH I, and II, Park West, Vista Park, Fairway Hills Park and Recreational Association, the Fairway Hills Party House, the Vista Park Homeowners Association, and the Park West Homeowners Association.
Fairway Hills I and II: FWH I and FWH II are apartment buildings which consist of rental apartments. FWH I consists of 32 apartment units and FWH II consists of 20 apartment units.
Park West: Park West consists of 48 apartment units and is owned by a separate partnership which is 50% owned by the company. Park West apartment units are being converted to, and sold as, condominiums.
Vista Park: In 2008, FWH began construction on a condominium development called Vista Park in the FWH PRD. FWH has completed its construction of a 24 unit luxury condominium complex, which is known as Vista Park Phase I, and has sold 4 of the available units. It intends to build 3 additional condominium complexes (Phases II, III, and IV) in the Vista Park area of the FWH PRD.
Homeowners Associations: In connection with the development of Vista Park and the conversion of Park West apartments, FWH has created two new homeowners associations, the Vista Park Homeowners Association and the Park West Homeowners Association, to manage and sell the condominiums. The Fairway Hills Park and Recreational Association (FWH PR) is operated as a homeowners association covering the FWH PRD. The Fairway Hills Party House is a separate division of FWH.
National American University Properties: In addition to the FWH properties, the company owns the facilities that comprise NAUs physical campus near downtown Rapid City, South Dakota. The company leases the remainder of its campuses and education centers, and the distance learning and central administration offices located on south of downtown Rapid City, South Dakota.
National American University Holdings, Inc. was founded in 1963.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NATIONAL AMERICAN UNIVERSITY HOLDINGS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NATIONAL AMERICAN UNIVERSITY HOLDINGS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NATIONAL AMERICAN UNIVERSITY HOLDINGS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NATIONAL AMERICAN UNIVERSITY HOLDINGS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NATIONAL AMERICAN UNIVERSITY HOLDINGS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. National American University Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of National American University Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of National American University Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. National American University Holdings, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Diversified Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. National American University Holdings, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NATIONAL AMERICAN UNIVERSITY HOLDINGS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NATIONAL AMERICAN UNIVERSITY HOLDINGS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NATIONAL AMERICAN UNIVERSITY HOLDINGS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NATIONAL AMERICAN UNIVERSITY HOLDINGS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NATIONAL AMERICAN UNIVERSITY HOLDINGS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NATIONAL AMERICAN UNIVERSITY HOLDINGS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
National American University Holdings, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
National American University Holdings, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
National American University Holdings, Inc. Major Shareholders
National American University Holdings, Inc. History
National American University Holdings, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
National American University Holdings, Inc. Offices and Representations
National American University Holdings, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
National American University Holdings, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
National American University Holdings, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
National American University Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Diversified Services Industry Statistics
National American University Holdings, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
National American University Holdings, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
National American University Holdings, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
National American University Holdings, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
National American University Holdings, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
National American University Holdings, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
National American University Holdings, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
National American University Holdings, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?