- The report contains detailed information about Millicom International Cellular SA that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Millicom International Cellular SA. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Millicom International Cellular SA financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Millicom International Cellular SA competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Millicom International Cellular SA business.
About Millicom International Cellular SA
Millicom International Cellular S.A. offers mobile telephony services in Central and South America, Africa and Asia. The company also operates fixed telephony, cable and broadband businesses in five countries in Central America.
As of December 31, 2009, the company had 14 mobile operations in 14 countries focusing on emerging markets in Central America, South America, Africa, and Asia. Millicom operates its mobile businesses in El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras in Central America; in Bolivia, Colombia, and Paraguay in South America; in Chad, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Mauritius, Rwanda, Senegal, and Tanzania in Africa; and in Laos in Asia.
El Salvador: Millicom has a 100% equity interest in Telemovil El Salvador, S.A. It offers broadband internet, fixed wireless telephony and public telephony. It offers services, such as video calls, mobile internet (datacards) and all the telecommunication services using 3G network.
Competition: The companys competitors include Telecom (initially owned by France Telecom), America Movil of Mexico, Telefonica, Digicel Guatemala S.A. (Digicel), and Red Intelfon.
Guatemala: The company has a 55% equity interest in Comunicaciones Celulares, S.A. (Comcel). Comcel operates a GSM/GPRS/EDGE and a 3G networks. Comcel also provides international long-distance services, Internet services and local telephony services. As of December 31, 2009, Millicom's network in Guatemala comprised 2,194 physical sites.
The companys competitors include America Movil, Telefonica, and Digicel Guatemala S.A.
Honduras: Millicom has a 66.67% equity interest in Celtel. Celtel operates a GSM and CDMA network. Celtel operates a GSM/GPRS/EDGE network and a 3G/HSDPA network. Celtel also provides international long-distance services and local telephony services. As of December 31, 2009, Millicom's network in Honduras included 1,419 physical sites.
Competition: The company competes with America Movil, Digicel, and Honducel.
The companys South American licenses covered approximately 63 million people as at December 31, 2009.
Bolivia: The company has a 100% equity interest in Telecel. Telecel offers national and international long-distance services and data transmissions (Wimax and 3G). As of December 31, 2009, Millicom's network in Bolivia included 777 physical sites.
Competition: The companys competitors include Entel and NuevaTel.
Colombia: The company owns 50% plus one share of interest in Colombia Móvil S.A. Colombia Movil S.A. ESP was awarded three licenses to offer Personal Communications System (PCS) services in the three zones, covering all of Colombia. The PCS licenses allow Colombia MOvil to offer voice, data and video services without additional license requirement for value added services. Additionally, Colombia Móvil has one license for offering carrier services. As of December 31, 2009, Millicom's network in Colombia comprised 2,816 physical sites. In addition to the PCS license, Colombia Movil has another license that permits it to offer telecommunication services, named Título Habilitante Convergente.
Competition: The companys competitors include America Movil and Telefonica.
Paraguay: The company owns 100% interests in Telecel Paraguay. It primarily operates a GSM network which is GPRS/EDGE enabled. Telecel also operates the broadband wireless network with WiMAX in Paraguay. In 2008, Telecel launched 3G services.
As of December 31, 2009, Tigo had 2,747,872 subscribers. 737 radio base stations were in place. As of December 31, 2009, Millicom's network in Paraguay comprised 815 physical sites. Tigo offers the Fiber to the Home services (FTTH), with an initial phase of 25 Central Offices and an initial capacity of 2000 ports, covering the metropolitan area of Asuncion, Ciudad del Este and Encarnacion.
Competition: The company competes with Personal (owned by Telecom Italia) and America Movil.
The companys African licenses covered approximately 169 million people as of December 31, 2009.
Chad: The company has an 100% equity interest in Millicom Tchad. Millicom Tchad launched commercial operations
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MILLICOM INTERNATIONAL CELLULAR SA COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MILLICOM INTERNATIONAL CELLULAR SA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MILLICOM INTERNATIONAL CELLULAR SA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MILLICOM INTERNATIONAL CELLULAR SA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MILLICOM INTERNATIONAL CELLULAR SA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Millicom International Cellular SA Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Millicom International Cellular SA and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Millicom International Cellular SA and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Millicom International Cellular SA Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Millicom International Cellular SA Industry Position Analysis
6. MILLICOM INTERNATIONAL CELLULAR SA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MILLICOM INTERNATIONAL CELLULAR SA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MILLICOM INTERNATIONAL CELLULAR SA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. LUXEMBOURG PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MILLICOM INTERNATIONAL CELLULAR SA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MILLICOM INTERNATIONAL CELLULAR SA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MILLICOM INTERNATIONAL CELLULAR SA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Millicom International Cellular SA Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Millicom International Cellular SA Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Millicom International Cellular SA Major Shareholders
Millicom International Cellular SA History
Millicom International Cellular SA Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Millicom International Cellular SA Offices and Representations
Millicom International Cellular SA SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Millicom International Cellular SA Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Millicom International Cellular SA Capital Market Snapshot
Millicom International Cellular SA Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Millicom International Cellular SA Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Millicom International Cellular SA Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Millicom International Cellular SA Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Millicom International Cellular SA 1-year Stock Charts
Millicom International Cellular SA 5-year Stock Charts
Millicom International Cellular SA vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Millicom International Cellular SA vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Millicom International Cellular SA Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?