- The report contains detailed information about Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc. business.
About Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc.
Manitoba Telecom Services Inc. provides high-speed Internet, wireless, digital TV, converged IP and communications services in Canada. The company delivers products and services to its customers in consumer markets in Manitoba and business markets across Canada.
The company is organized into two reportable operating segments: the Enterprise Solutions Division and the Consumer Markets Division.
Enterprise Solutions division
The Enterprise Solutions Division operates under the Allstream brand nationally and under the MTS Allstream brand in Manitoba. This division offers customers a portfolio of solutions tailored to the needs of medium and large businesses looking for success in a world of evolving technology Internet protocol (IP)-based communications, unified communications, voice and data connectivity, and professional services. The Enterprise Solutions division operates a national broadband fibre optic network that spans approximately 27,900 kilometers, and provides international connections through strategic alliances and interconnection agreements with other international service providers.
Consumer Markets division
The Consumer Markets Division delivers a suite of next generation wireless, high-speed Internet and data, digital television and wireline voice services under the MTS brand in Manitoba, as well as security and alarm monitoring services through AAA Alarm Systems Ltd., a subsidiary of the company, which also operates in other western provinces. In addition, the Consumer Markets division is a service provider in the national small business telecommunications market in Manitoba, as well as outside the province, providing customers in targeted major Canadian centers with a range of business Internet, data and voice services under the Allstream brand.
Wireless: The companys wireless portfolio consists of cellular, wireless data, Paging, FleetNet 800, and Press2Talk, which it offers in the Manitoba market.
Data: The companys data line of business includes provision of data, Internet and professional services. Data services connect data, video and voice networks to establish private connections across office locations and to integrate traffic over secure networks. The company provides a range of Internet connectivity services to serve the needs of residential customers in Manitoba and business customers across the country. It also offers various hosting and security services to business customers across Canada.
Local: The company's local services include basic voice connections for residential and business customers, including enhanced calling features (such as Call Answer, Call Display, Call Waiting and 3-Way Calling), payphone, and wholesale services provided to third parties. Through its Enterprise Solutions division, the company provides a range of local services to business customers on a national basis. These services allow customers to complete calls in their local calling areas and to access long distance, cellular networks and the Internet.
Long distance: Long distance services enable residential customers in Manitoba and business customers across Canada to communicate with destinations outside the local exchange. The companys long distance voice service portfolio includes basic, domestic, cross-border and international outbound long distance, basic and enhanced toll-free services, calling cards and audio conferencing, as well as various enhanced long distance services and features.
Other The company's other services include its digital television services and miscellaneous items. Its digital television service is offered across its broadband network platform and is targeted at residential customers in Winnipeg. Miscellaneous items primarily consist of security and alarm monitoring services, and the sale and maintenance of terminal equipment.
In January 2008, the company acquired the outstanding shares of ICU Technologies Inc., a provider of video conferencing solutions in Ontario.
Manitoba Telecom Services Inc. was founded in 1933.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MANITOBA TELECOM SERVICES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MANITOBA TELECOM SERVICES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MANITOBA TELECOM SERVICES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MANITOBA TELECOM SERVICES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MANITOBA TELECOM SERVICES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MANITOBA TELECOM SERVICES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MANITOBA TELECOM SERVICES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MANITOBA TELECOM SERVICES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MANITOBA TELECOM SERVICES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MANITOBA TELECOM SERVICES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MANITOBA TELECOM SERVICES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc. Major Shareholders
Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc. History
Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc. Offices and Representations
Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Manitoba Telecom Services, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?