- The report contains detailed information about Mac-Gray Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Mac-Gray Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Mac-Gray Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Mac-Gray Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Mac-Gray Corp. business.
About Mac-Gray Corp.
Mac-Gray Corp. operates as a laundry facilities management contractor in the United States. Through its portfolio of card- and coin-operated laundry equipment located in laundry facilities across the country, the company provides laundry convenience to residents of multi-unit housing, such as apartment buildings, condominiums, colleges and university residence halls, public housing complexes, and hotels and motels.
The company manages laundry rooms under long-term leases with property owners, property management companies and colleges and universities. The companys laundry equipment sales business sells and services commercial laundry equipment manufactured by Whirlpool Corporation, Dexter Laundry Company, American Dryer Corporation, and Primus Laundry Company. This business sells commercial laundry equipment primarily to retail laundromats, hotels and similar institutional users that operate their own on-premise laundry facilities.
Laundry Facilities Management Business
Through its laundry facilities management business, the company acts as a laundry facilities management contractor with property owners or managers. The company leases space with in a property, in some instances improve the leased space with flooring, ceilings and other improvements (betterments) and then install and service the laundry equipment and collect the payments. The property owner or manager is usually responsible for maintaining, cleaning, and securing the premises and payment of utilities.
Under its long-term leases, the company typically receives the right to provide and service laundry equipment with in a multi-unit housing property in exchange for a negotiated percentage of the revenue collected. The company also provides its customers with proprietary technologies, such as LaundryView, LaundryLinx, and Client Resource Center.
The company also operates sales and/or service centers in Alabama, Arizona (two locations), Colorado, Connecticut, Florida (two locations), Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts (two locations), New Jersey, New Mexico, New York (two locations), North Carolina, Oregon, Tennessee (two locations), Texas (four locations), Utah, Virginia, and Washington.
Suppliers: The company purchases majority of the equipment that it uses in its laundry facilities management business from Whirlpool Corporation.
Customers: As of February 1, 2010, the company provided laundry equipment and related services to approximately 88,000 laundry rooms located in 43 states throughout the continental United States and the District of Columbia. The company serves customers in multi-unit housing facilities, including apartment buildings, college and university residence halls, condominiums, public-housing complexes, and hotels and motels.
Commercial Laundry Equipment Sales and Services Business
Through its commercial laundry equipment sales and services business, the company distributes for commercial laundry equipment manufacturers, primarily Whirlpool. As an equipment distributor, the company sells commercial laundry equipment to public retail laundromats, as well as to the multi-unit housing industry. In addition, the company sells commercial laundry equipment directly to institutional purchasers, including hospitals and hotels, for use in their own on-premise laundry facilities.
On February 5, 2010, the Company sold its MicroFridge (Intirion Corporation) business to Danby Products.
Mac-Gray Corp. was founded in 1927.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MAC-GRAY CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MAC-GRAY CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MAC-GRAY CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MAC-GRAY CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MAC-GRAY CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Mac-Gray Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Mac-Gray Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Mac-Gray Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Mac-Gray Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Diversified Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Mac-Gray Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. MAC-GRAY CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MAC-GRAY CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MAC-GRAY CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MAC-GRAY CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MAC-GRAY CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MAC-GRAY CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Mac-Gray Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Mac-Gray Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Mac-Gray Corp. Major Shareholders
Mac-Gray Corp. History
Mac-Gray Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Mac-Gray Corp. Offices and Representations
Mac-Gray Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Mac-Gray Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Mac-Gray Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Mac-Gray Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Diversified Services Industry Statistics
Mac-Gray Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Mac-Gray Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Mac-Gray Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Mac-Gray Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Mac-Gray Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Mac-Gray Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Mac-Gray Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Mac-Gray Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?