- The report contains detailed information about Johnson Service Group plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Johnson Service Group plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Johnson Service Group plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Johnson Service Group plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Johnson Service Group plc business.
About Johnson Service Group plc
Johnson Service Group plc focuses on the provision of workplace support services and retail drycleaning in Great Britain. It engages in textile-related services, including clothing people at work, renting and laundering garments, drycleaning and hospitality services. Its non-textile operations are focused on facilities management and specialist supplies.
Textile and Hospitality Services
Textile and Hospitality Services include rental and laundering of workwear, roller towels, corporate apparel and dust mats, the rental of event catering and hospitality equipment, and garment sourcing and manufacturing.
Dimensions Corporation: The UKs major managing agency for corporate clothing. It markets, designs and sources services to various UKs employers.
DCC: DCC provides both a managing agency for corporate clothing to the UK financial sector, as well as a mail order clothing catalogue.
CCM: One of Europes major workwear manufacturing and sourcing companies. It delivers solutions through global partnerships and bespoke customer managed services.
YAFFY Protective clothing: It suppliers technical outerwear to UK police authorities. It holds long term contracts to design or supply this outer wear and body armour carriers to UK police forces.
Apparelmaster: The UKs workwear rental business, providing a clothing portfolio to the workplace, supported by sourcing, supply and aftercare service solutions.
Stalbridge: It provides linen, catering garments and aftercare support services to the hospitality, food service and corporate entertainment markets.
JHS Catering Equipment & Furniture Hire: JHS hires catering equipment, hospitality furniture and related items to sporting and other major, spectator events.
Drycleaning provides retail and commercial drycleaning and other associated support services.
Hohnsons: Hohnsons engages in drycleaning, specialist textile and garment aftercare services.
Sketchley: The company acquired 103 drycleaning branches in 2004, located mainly in central and South East England.
Jeeves of Belgravia: Jeeves is a luxury brand offering a service to customers, including Royal households, haute-couture houses and a range of City and bespoke-service-seeking individuals.
Jeeves International is the world franchising arm of the Jeeves brand. It is represented in Hong Kong, New York, Jakarta, Istanbul and Saudi Arabia.
Facilities Management and Supplies
Facilities Management and Supplies offers workplace management services to the public and private sector and sourcing of consumables to the drycleaning and laundry industry.
Workplace management: The company manages approximately 200 locations, covering some 10 million square feet, for a range of blue-chip corporate customers and Government departments.
Environmental Pest Control: Environmental Pest Control provides pest control services to workplace, retail and leisure markets ranging from rodent and bird flocking control to the environmental management of potential and actual risks to locations throughout the UK.
Acame: Acame provides mechanical and engineering services and solutions to commercial, retail and MoD clients.
ACe: Ace provides project management, refurbishment and fit-out operations, linking up their core business of electrical maintenance and installation.
Alexreid: The UKs supplier to the clothes care sector, distributing throughout the UK and Ireland, serving a range of customers from small independent drycleaners and launderettes to national chains and major industrial laundries.
GreenEarth Cleaning: Alex Reid are marketing and making available the Greenearth process under license to all UK drycleaning independents and establishing sub license relationships with distributors across Europe.
Johnson Service Group plc was founded in 1780.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. JOHNSON SERVICE GROUP PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. JOHNSON SERVICE GROUP PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. JOHNSON SERVICE GROUP PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. JOHNSON SERVICE GROUP PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. JOHNSON SERVICE GROUP PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Johnson Service Group plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Johnson Service Group plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Johnson Service Group plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Johnson Service Group plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Johnson Service Group plc Industry Position Analysis
6. JOHNSON SERVICE GROUP PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. JOHNSON SERVICE GROUP PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. JOHNSON SERVICE GROUP PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. JOHNSON SERVICE GROUP PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. JOHNSON SERVICE GROUP PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. JOHNSON SERVICE GROUP PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Johnson Service Group plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Johnson Service Group plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Johnson Service Group plc Major Shareholders
Johnson Service Group plc History
Johnson Service Group plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Johnson Service Group plc Offices and Representations
Johnson Service Group plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Johnson Service Group plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Johnson Service Group plc Capital Market Snapshot
Johnson Service Group plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
Johnson Service Group plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Johnson Service Group plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Johnson Service Group plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Johnson Service Group plc 1-year Stock Charts
Johnson Service Group plc 5-year Stock Charts
Johnson Service Group plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Johnson Service Group plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Johnson Service Group plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?