- The report contains detailed information about Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. business.
About Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc.
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. provides computerized preparation of federal, state, and local individual income tax returns in the United States. The company operates through a nationwide network of franchised and company-owned offices operating under the brand name Jackson Hewitt Tax Service.
Tax Return Preparation Services
The companys network provides its customers federal, state, and local individual income tax return preparation services and electronic filing. Through the use of its proprietary tax software, ProFiler, the company provides a computerized individual tax return preparation services.
As of April 30, 2010, the company's network consisted of 5,431 franchised offices and 976 company-owned offices. Its network of offices consists of both storefront and retail-partner locations. The companys retail-partner locations are located with in other businesses, typically retail stores and shopping malls.
In the period ended April 30, 2010, the company had relationships with national and regional retailers and shopping malls, including Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (Wal-Mart); and its network had approximately 1,900 retail-partner locations in retailers and shopping malls nationwide.
In connection with its customers tax return preparation experience, various financial products are available for their choosing. The company's financial products provide the customer with the ability to have fees, including fees for tax return preparation and the financial product, withheld from the proceeds of the financial product. In addition, financial products which are loans provide the customer with access to funds. The company's financial products consist of:
Refund Anticipation Loans (RALs): A RAL is a loan made by a third party financial institution to a customer and secured by a customers anticipated federal tax refund. The loan amount, applicable fees and charges, including tax return preparation fees, is disbursed to the customer with in approximately one day from the time the tax return is electronically filed with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
Assisted Refunds: Assisted refunds are provided by third party financial institutions and offer the customer the ability to have their tax return preparation fees and other charges withheld directly from their tax refund. The customers tax refund is deposited by the taxing authority directly into a bank account established for this purpose by the financial institution and then disbursed to the customer net of fees. Customers generally may choose various disbursement options for financial products, including direct deposit, check or on the ipower Card, a prepaid Visa card.
Gold Guarantee: Gold Guarantee is an extended warranty that a customer might purchase whereby the taxpayer might be reimbursed up to a set limit for additional tax liability owed due to an error in the preparation of the customers tax return.
The company has contractual arrangements with certain financial institutions, which offer, process, and administer various financial products. It provides the financial institutions with access to select offices and certain technology support. The company also has a contractual arrangement with MetaBank, doing business as Meta Payment Systems (MetaBank), who issues and manages its prepaid debit card program and provides line of credit products related to the card.
The companys franchised and company-owned offices offer a catalog of tax education courses. Its basic income tax courses consist of approximately 70 hours of learning and provide students with a general working knowledge of individual income taxes and tax return preparation. The company also offers a series of advanced and intermediate courses to provide a level of learning to those individuals who already possess a basic understanding of income taxes and income tax return preparation.
The companys competitors include H&R Block, Liberty Tax Service, and Free File Alliance.
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service, Inc. was founded in 1985.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. JACKSON HEWITT TAX SERVICE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. JACKSON HEWITT TAX SERVICE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. JACKSON HEWITT TAX SERVICE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. JACKSON HEWITT TAX SERVICE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. JACKSON HEWITT TAX SERVICE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Diversified Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. JACKSON HEWITT TAX SERVICE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. JACKSON HEWITT TAX SERVICE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. JACKSON HEWITT TAX SERVICE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. JACKSON HEWITT TAX SERVICE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. JACKSON HEWITT TAX SERVICE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. JACKSON HEWITT TAX SERVICE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. Major Shareholders
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. History
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. Offices and Representations
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Diversified Services Industry Statistics
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?