- The report contains detailed information about Intertek Group plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Intertek Group plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Intertek Group plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Intertek Group plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Intertek Group plc business.
About Intertek Group plc
Intertek Group plc provides quality and safety solutions to a range of industries around the world. The company's services include testing, certification, auditing, safety, inspection, quality assurance, evaluation, analytical, advisory, training, outsourcing, and risk management.
The company operates in seven divisions, including Consumer Goods; Commercial and Electrical; Oil, Chemical, and Agri; Government Services; Analytical Services; Industrial Services; and Minerals.
The Consumer Goods division provides services to the textiles, toys, footwear, hardlines, food, and retail industries. Its services include testing, inspection, auditing, advisory services, quality assurance, and hazardous substance testing. Its customers include retailers, manufacturers, and suppliers within a global supply chain.
Commercial and Electrical
The Commercial and Electrical division provides services, including testing and certification, electromagnetic compatibility testing (EMC), outsourcing, benchmark and performance testing and environmental testing. These are provided to a range of industries, including the home appliance, lighting, medical, building, industrial and HVAC/R (heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration), IT, telecom, renewable energy, and automotive industries. Its customers include manufacturers, retailers, industry organizations, and government departments. It has a range of owned marks and accreditations, including the ETL listed mark and the Warnock Hersey mark for North America; and the S mark, Asta mark, and BEAB mark for Europe, as well as provides CB certification and the CE mark and GS mark for Europe.
Oil, Chemical, and Agri
The Oil, Chemical, and Agri division provides independent cargo inspection, as well as non-inspection related laboratory testing, calibration, and related technical services. Its customers include energy, petroleum, chemical, and agricultural industries.
The Government Services division offers a range of services to governments, national standards organizations and customs departments. Services include cargo scanning, fiscal support services, and standards programmes.
The Analytical Services division provides advanced laboratory services and consultancy to a range of industries, including chemical, pharmaceutical, oil and gas, and automotive and aerospace.
The Industrial Services division provides technical verification, inspection, testing, and auditing services. This includes management systems certification, second-party auditing, supplier evaluation, conformity assessment, asset integrity management, training, health and safety consulting, and greenhouse gas services. It serves various industries, including oil, gas, petrochemical, power, renewable energy, and civil and infrastructure.
The Minerals division provides analytical solutions to minerals, ore, and mining industry. The companys network of laboratories and sample preparation facilities offer key services, such as analysis at the point of exploration and production of gold, precious metals and iron ore; fire assay; and testing and analysis of coal and coke, as well as environmental monitoring. The company also provides marine and inspection services of minerals shipments.
The company customers include Aerojet; Agfa Healthcare; AkzoNobel; Auchan; The Government of Bangladesh; Barrick Gold of Australia; BHP Billiton Worsley Alumina Pty Ltd; Boddington Gold Mine/ Newmont Asia Pacific; Bosch; Bose Corporation; BP; Canon; Certified Automotive; Parts Association; ChevronTexaco; Cisco; Citgo; ConocoPhillips; DSM; ExxonMobil; Gap Inc; Häagen-Dazs; Haier; Hitachi; Honeywell; Hydro-Quebec; IBM; IKEA; J C Penney Company, Inc.; Kohls; The Government of Kuwait; Lear Corporation; Levi Strauss & Co; LG; LIDL; Linde; Lloyds Register; Maersk; Marks & Spencer; McDonalds Corporation; The Government of Mexico; Morgan Stanley; Mothercare; The Government of Mozambique; Nestle; Newcrest Mining Limited; The Government of Nigeria; Nikon; Nordstrom, Inc.; Panasonic; Payless ShoeSou
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INTERTEK GROUP PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INTERTEK GROUP PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INTERTEK GROUP PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INTERTEK GROUP PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INTERTEK GROUP PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Intertek Group plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Intertek Group plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Intertek Group plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Intertek Group plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Intertek Group plc Industry Position Analysis
6. INTERTEK GROUP PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INTERTEK GROUP PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INTERTEK GROUP PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INTERTEK GROUP PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INTERTEK GROUP PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INTERTEK GROUP PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Intertek Group plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Intertek Group plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Intertek Group plc Major Shareholders
Intertek Group plc History
Intertek Group plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Intertek Group plc Offices and Representations
Intertek Group plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Intertek Group plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Intertek Group plc Capital Market Snapshot
Intertek Group plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
Intertek Group plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Intertek Group plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Intertek Group plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Intertek Group plc 1-year Stock Charts
Intertek Group plc 5-year Stock Charts
Intertek Group plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Intertek Group plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Intertek Group plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?