- The report contains detailed information about Intersections Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Intersections Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Intersections Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Intersections Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Intersections Inc. business.
About Intersections Inc.
Intersections Inc. provides branded and customized identity management solutions in the United States and the United Kingdom. It also provides consumer-oriented insurance and membership products through marketing partnerships with the mortgage services in the United States, as well as other financial institutions through its subsidiary, Intersections Insurance Services, Inc. Additionally, through its majority-owned subsidiary Screening International LLC (SI), the company provides pre-employment background screening services domestically and internationally in partnership with Control Risks Group Limited of the United Kingdom.
Through its subsidiary, Intersections Insurance Services, Inc., the company offers a portfolio of services which include consumer discounts on healthcare, home and auto related expenses, access to professional financial and legal information, and life, accidental death and disability insurance products. The companys consumer services are offered through relationships with clients, including financial institutions in the United States and Canada, and clients in other industries. The company also offers its services directly to consumers.
Through its majority-owned subsidiary, Screening International, the company provides personnel and vendor background screening services to businesses worldwide. SI and its subsidiaries have offices in Virginia and the U.K. SI provides various risk management tools for the purpose of personnel and vendor background screening, including criminal background checks, driving records, employment verification and reference checks, drug testing and credit history checks.
Through its wholly owned subsidiary, Net Enforcers, Inc., the company provides corporate identity theft protection services, including online brand monitoring, online auction monitoring and enforcement, intellectual property monitoring, price monitoring and other services.
Through its wholly owned subsidiary, Captira Analytical, LLC, the company provides software and automated service solutions for the bail bond industry, including office automation tools, accounting, reporting, employee background screening and underwriting decisioning tools.
The company conducts its operations through four segments, including Consumer Products and Services, Background Screening, Online Brand Protection, and Bail Bonds Industry Solutions.
CONSUMER PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
The Consumer Products and Services segment includes its consumer protection and other consumer products and services. This segment consists of identity theft management tools, membership product offerings, and other subscription based services, such as life and accidental death insurance.
Services and Subscribers
The company offers consumers their credit reports, and daily, monthly, and quarterly monitoring of their credit files, at one or all three of the credit reporting agencies: Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion. The company also offers reports and monitoring services based on additional information sources, including public records and new financial account applications, along with services that help subscribers detect unauthorized use of their account information. In addition, the company offers credit scores and credit score analysis tools, credit education, identity theft recovery services, identity theft cost reimbursement, and software and other technology tools to protect against identity theft, such as mobile data storage and anti-virus and anti-key logging software.
The companys products and services also include consumer discounts on healthcare, home, and auto related expenses, access to professional financial and legal information, and life, accidental death, and disability insurance, provided through its subsidiary, Intersections Insurance Services. In 2008, the company made a minority investment in White Sky, Inc., a maker of an online privacy protection device, in conjunction with entering into an agreement which permits the company to distribute that device as part of its consumer products and services.
Customers: The company's major customers include Bank of America; Citibank; and Capital One.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INTERSECTIONS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INTERSECTIONS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INTERSECTIONS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INTERSECTIONS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INTERSECTIONS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Intersections Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Intersections Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Intersections Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Intersections Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Intersections Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. INTERSECTIONS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INTERSECTIONS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INTERSECTIONS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INTERSECTIONS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INTERSECTIONS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INTERSECTIONS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Intersections Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Intersections Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Intersections Inc. Major Shareholders
Intersections Inc. History
Intersections Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Intersections Inc. Offices and Representations
Intersections Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Intersections Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Intersections Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Intersections Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
Intersections Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Intersections Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Intersections Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Intersections Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Intersections Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Intersections Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Intersections Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Intersections Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?