- The report contains detailed information about Innotrac Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Innotrac Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Innotrac Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Innotrac Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Innotrac Corp. business.
About Innotrac Corp.
Innotrac Corporation provides order processing, order fulfillment, and call center services to companies that outsource these functions.
The company receives most of its clients orders either through inbound call center services, electronic data interchange (EDI) or the Internet. On a same day basis, depending on product availability, the company picks, packs, verifies, and ships the item, tracks inventory levels through an automated, integrated perpetual inventory system, warehouses data and handles customer support inquiries. The companys fulfillment and customer support services interrelate and are sold as a package, however they are individually priced. The companys clients may utilize its fulfillment services, its customer support services, or both, depending on their individual needs.
Fulfillment: The companys personnel pick, pack, verify, and ship product orders and requests for promotional, technical and educational literature, shoes, clothing, electronic equipment, accessories, books, small appliances, home accessories, sporting goods, toys and outdoor furniture for its clients. The company uses several custom-designed, semi-automated packaging and labeling lines to pack and ship products, as well as automated and conveyorized systems utilizing radio frequency (RF) scanning. The company streamlines and customizes the fulfillment procedures for each client based upon the client request and the tracking, reporting and inventory controls necessary to implement that clients marketing support program. The company also offers product return services whereby its personnel receive, log, test, repackage, and dispose of products that are returned from end-users.
Inventory Management: The company provides automated inventory management and reporting to assure real-time stock counts of its clients products, literature and other items. The companys inventory systems enable the company to provide management information to maintain reorder levels and supply capabilities and also enable the client to assess stock balances, pricing information, reorder levels and inventory values. The company offers this information to the client on a real-time basis through its Internet gateway or direct system integration. Inventory management data is also utilized in its reporting services.
Purchasing Management: For certain clients, the company places orders for products the company fulfill with vendors chosen by those clients. The companys purchasing management services include assisting a client in negotiating product pricing with the vendor, arranging returns and credits, as well as forecasting product quantities required for normal business programs or promotions.
Product Consignment and Warehousing: The company warehouse products on a consignment basis and fulfills orders on behalf of its customers for a fee. In certain cases the company may purchase and own inventory, but on a reduced risk basis as a result of client guarantees and contractual indemnifications.
Customer Support Services
Inbound Call Center Services: The companys customer service representatives take orders for certain clients and resolve questions regarding shipping, billing and order status, as well as various other questions. To properly handle the call, Innotracs automated call distributor identifies each inbound call by the toll-free number dialed and immediately routes the call to the interactive voice response (IVR) system or an Innotrac customer service representative.
Returns and Refunds Processing: The representatives respond to customer calls about product returns and refunds and obtain information about customer service problems. They facilitate a customers return of a product by providing a bar-coded label to the customer. When the returned item is processed and entered into its system, it automatically triggers a pre-set action for reshipment of a product or refund to the customer.
The company provides a variety of services for eCommerce, retail, and direct marketing companies, such as Target.com, a division of Target Corporation, Ann Taylor Retail, Inc., The North Face, Porsche Cars North America, Inc., Product Partners, and Thane International. It also provides these services for business-to-business (B2B) clients, including NAPA, The Walt Disney Company, and Spanx.
Innotrac Corporation was founded in 1984.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INNOTRAC CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INNOTRAC CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INNOTRAC CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INNOTRAC CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INNOTRAC CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Innotrac Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Innotrac Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Innotrac Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Innotrac Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Innotrac Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. INNOTRAC CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INNOTRAC CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INNOTRAC CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INNOTRAC CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INNOTRAC CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INNOTRAC CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Innotrac Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Innotrac Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Innotrac Corp. Major Shareholders
Innotrac Corp. History
Innotrac Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Innotrac Corp. Offices and Representations
Innotrac Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Innotrac Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Innotrac Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Innotrac Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
Innotrac Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Innotrac Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Innotrac Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Innotrac Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Innotrac Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Innotrac Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Innotrac Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Innotrac Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?