- The report contains detailed information about IHS Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for IHS Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The IHS Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes IHS Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of IHS Inc. business.
About IHS Inc.
IHS Inc. provides a source of critical information and insight in various fundamental areas, such as energy, product lifecycle, security, and environment.
The company develops and delivers oil and gas industry information and analysis on exploration, development, production, transportation, industry trends, financial information and more to national and international oil and gas companies, electric power companies, financial institutions, governments, and technology providers. The company also provides operational, research and strategic advisory services to these customers and to utilities, transportation, petrochemical, coal, and power companies.
IHS energy products and services encompass exploration and production of hydrocarbons all the way through the cycle from distribution to power generation to consumption. Examples of its information and analysis include production information on oil and gas production in approximately 100 countries; oil and gas well data that includes geological information on approximately four million and historic wells around the world; energy activity data that includes comprehensive and future seismic, drilling and development activities in approximately 180 countries and 335 hydrocarbon-producing regions around the world; strategic advisory services to assess energy markets, strategies, industry trends and companies includes syndicated research service from IHS CERA and IHS Herold; information and research summits, such as CERAWeek and the IHS Herold Pacesetters Energy Conference; and additional energy solutions include coal, nuclear and renewables.
Energy Information Global surface and subsurface geologic, engineering, and political risk information: Attributes include well, production volumes, basin, scouting, ownership, logs, and other details that enable customers to extract oil and gas from every energy province in the world.
Decision Support and Information Delivery Tools - Industry analytical tools, such as PETRA, SubPUMP and QUE$TOR, that help customers find oil and gas. Web-based delivery platforms, such as Enerdeq, AccuMap and Edin, provide a proprietary interface map or text-based access to critical energy information.
Global Exploration and Production Services - GEPS reports cover petroleum activity in approximately 200 countries and are used by customers around the world interested in detailed exploration and production activity.
IHS CERA - IHS CERA provides knowledge and independent analysis on energy markets, geopolitics, industry trends and strategy that help decision makers anticipate the energy future and formulate timely plans in the face of rapid changes and uncertainty.
IHS Herold - IHS Herold offers online access to databases and research reports, and provides analyst consultation and advisory services. Products and service retainers include proprietary research of companies transactions and trends in the global energy industry.
Product Lifecycle Domain
IHS Product Lifecycle solutions provide information for customers that allow them to manage a product from conception to research and development on through to production, maintenance and disposal. IHS also provides companies single-source access to specifications and standards that allow them to comply with regulations, and optimize direct and indirect supply. The IHS team works with customers in most industries and segments, with particularly presences in the aerospace, defense, electronics, telecommunications, construction, energy, and automotive industries to design workflows. IHS also has a proprietary collection of engineering processes, principles and related equations covering approximately 250 specific structural and mechanical topics. Its Product Lifecycle information and analysis include industry specifications and standards to aid in all phases of a products lifecycle; technical attributes and lifecycle information on component parts to drive selection decisions; design methods to aid in research and development; services supporting the management of parts information in factories and plants, important for maintaining plant uptime, includi
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. IHS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. IHS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. IHS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. IHS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. IHS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. IHS Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of IHS Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of IHS Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. IHS Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. IHS Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. IHS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. IHS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. IHS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. IHS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. IHS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. IHS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
IHS Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
IHS Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
IHS Inc. Major Shareholders
IHS Inc. History
IHS Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
IHS Inc. Offices and Representations
IHS Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
IHS Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
IHS Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
IHS Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
IHS Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
IHS Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
IHS Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
IHS Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
IHS Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
IHS Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
IHS Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
IHS Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?