IESI-BFC Ltd. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about IESI-BFC Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for IESI-BFC Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The IESI-BFC Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes IESI-BFC Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of IESI-BFC Ltd. business.
About IESI-BFC Ltd.
IESI-BFC Ltd. operates as an integrated waste management company in North America. The company's services include non-hazardous solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, and recycling in the United States and Canada.
Service and Asset Footprint
Commercial and Industrial Collection: As of December 31, 2009, the company provided collection services to approximately 170,000 commercial and industrial customers. It provides hand collection and containerized services to various commercial and industrial customers. Its commercial containers generally range in size from 1 to 8 cubic yards and roll-off containers generally range in size from 10 to 40 cubic yards.
Residential Collection: As of December 31, 2009, the company provided collection services to approximately 1.7 million residential customers.
Transfer Stations: The company operates 33 transfer stations, which are located near its collection routes and which receive the non-hazardous solid waste that has been collected by its own and third-party collection vehicles. It typically uses subcontractors to transport the waste from its transfer stations to its own or third-party landfills.
Landfills: The company owns or operates 22 landfills. It monitors the available permitted disposal capacity of its landfills on a regular basis and evaluates whether to seek to expand this capacity.
Recycling: The company owns or operates 22 recycling facilities. Its recycling services include collection of recyclable materials from commercial, industrial, and residential customers. Its recycling operations also process for sale certain recyclable materials, such as paper, plastics, and aluminium, which are marketed as commodities.
Landfill Gas: The company's Seneca Falls, New York and Bethlehem, Pennsylvania landfills have landfill gas recovery systems that transfer methane gas from the landfill to independently-owned facilities at which the gas is converted into electricity. It also owns and operates a power generating plant located at its Lachenaie site, which collects landfill gas, cleans the gaseous residue and then uses the cleaned gas to power reciprocating engines that produce electricity. This plant produces approximately 3.7 megawatts of electrical power annually, the equivalent of providing the required electricity to approximately 2,500 homes. The electrical power generated at the Lachenaie site is sold to Hydro Quebec.
The company's South Region operations serve customers in the states of Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, and Mississippi. The South Region serves approximately 66,000 commercial and industrial customers and 936,000 residential customers. In this region, it operates 43 collection operations, 16 transfer stations, 11 solid waste landfills, 3 C&D landfills, and 3 recycling facilities.
The company's Northeast Region services customers located in the states of New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and the District of Columbia. The Northeast Region serves approximately 33,000 commercial and industrial customers and approximately 25,000 residential customers. In this region, it operates 10 collection operations, 12 transfer stations, 3 solid waste landfills, and 8 recycling facilities. It has 31 municipal contracts in the Northeast Region, providing various commercial, industrial, and residential collection services and transfer station services consisting of transfer and disposal. The company's Northeast Region collection and transfer station operations primarily serve the New York City and Long Island markets.
The company's Canadian operations service approximately 74,500 commercial and industrial customers and 721,000 residential customers in British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, and Quebec. IESI-BFC's Canadian operations include 20 collection operations, 5 transfer stations, 4 owned landfills, and 11 recycling facilities and 1 landfill gas-to-energy facility. It also operates 1 landfill.
The company's competitors include Waste Management, Inc.; Republic Services, Inc.; Veolia Environmental Services; Waste Connections, Inc.; and Casella Waste Systems, Inc.
IESI-BFC Ltd. was founded in 2001.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. IESI-BFC LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. IESI-BFC LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. IESI-BFC LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. IESI-BFC LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. IESI-BFC LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. IESI-BFC Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of IESI-BFC Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of IESI-BFC Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. IESI-BFC Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. IESI-BFC Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. IESI-BFC LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. IESI-BFC LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. IESI-BFC LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. IESI-BFC LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. IESI-BFC LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. IESI-BFC LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
IESI-BFC Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
IESI-BFC Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
IESI-BFC Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
IESI-BFC Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
IESI-BFC Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
IESI-BFC Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
IESI-BFC Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
IESI-BFC Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
IESI-BFC Ltd. Major Shareholders
IESI-BFC Ltd. History
IESI-BFC Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
IESI-BFC Ltd. Offices and Representations
IESI-BFC Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
IESI-BFC Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
IESI-BFC Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
IESI-BFC Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
IESI-BFC Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
IESI-BFC Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?