- The report contains detailed information about Hickory Tech Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Hickory Tech Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Hickory Tech Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Hickory Tech Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Hickory Tech Corp. business.
About Hickory Tech Corp.
HickoryTech Corporation (dba HickoryTech and Enventis) provides communication services. The company has a regional fiber network with facilities-based operations in Minnesota and Iowa.
The company operates in two business segments, Enventis Sector and Telecom Sector. Its operations are conducted through the following subsidiaries: Enventis Telecom, Inc. (Enventis) and CP Telecom Inc. (CP Telecom) in the Enventis Sector; and Mankato Citizens Telephone Company (MCTC), Mid-Communications, Inc. (Mid-Com), Heartland Telecommunications Company of Iowa, Inc. (Heartland), Cable Network, Inc. (CNI), Crystal Communications, Inc. (Crystal), and National Independent Billing, Inc. (NIBI) in the Telecom Sector.
The company, through Enventis, provides integrated data services and offers fiber optic-based communications including IP-based voice, data and network solutions to business customers in the Upper Midwest. Enventis product portfolio includes fiber and data networks, voice and data services, managed and hosted services, unified communications and equipment, data center services, security, total care support and monitoring, and professional services.
Enventis owns or has long-term leases to approximately 1,500 route miles of fiber optic cable and has local fiber optic rings that directly connect the Enventis network with its larger clients. Other local fiber rings connect the Enventis network to the local telephone central offices. These connections allow Enventis to utilize telecommunication providers connections, when company owned facilities are not available to access its smaller clients. Enventis serves customers through interconnections that are primarily leased from third parties.
Enventis product portfolio includes SingleLink Unified Communications (SingleLink), a hosted or managed IP communications service that includes local and long distance voice, business IP telephony via a hosted IP private branch exchange, unified messaging, and Internet access. This product is focused primarily at small to medium sized business but also has enterprise customer applications.
Through its equipment revenue product line, Enventis has business relationships with Cisco Systems, Inc. and is certified by Cisco as a Gold Partner. The relationship with Cisco Systems, Inc. is a strategic partnership between Cisco (as the supplier) and Enventis (as the distributor). Enventis provides converged IP services that allow all communications (voice, video, and data) to use the same IP data infrastructure.
In August 2009, the company acquired Computer Pro Inc., dba CP Telecom, a privately held facilities-based telecom provider, serving Minneapolis, St. Paul and northern Minnesota. The operations of CP Telecom are included in the Enventis Sector. CP Telecom operations in Minneapolis and Duluth, Minnesota provide voice, data and Internet services. CP Telecom operates in 23 colocations throughout Minnesota. CP Telecoms assets include long-term rights to a fiber network encompassing Minneapolis and St. Paul as well as soft switching technology.
Enventis has authority to operate from the public utility commissions in the majority of states in the U.S. for interexchange carrier (private line or long distance) services.
The Telecom Sector provides local telephone service, long distance, calling features, and broadband services. As an auxiliary business, the data processing services of NIBI are also included within the Telecom Sector.
Telecom includes three ILECs: MCTC, Mid-Com, and Heartland. MCTC and Mid-Com provide telephone service in south central Minnesota, specifically the Mankato, Minnesota region, and 11 rural communities surrounding Mankato. Heartland, the companys third ILEC, provides telephone service for 11 rural communities in northwest Iowa. In total, there are 23 ILEC exchanges within Telecom Sector. Telecom also includes a CLEC, Crystal, which provides services in south central Minnesota and near Des Moines, Iowa. There are eight Minnesota CLEC exchanges and two Iowa CLEC exchanges in Telecom Sector.
NIBI, an auxiliary part of the Telecom Sector, provides data processing and related services for affiliated companies, as well as for other ILECs, CLECs, interexchange network carriers, wireless companies, and cable TV providers throughout the United States and Canada.
Telecom owns and operates a 900 mile fiber optic network and facilities in Minnesota. These facilities are used to transport interexchange communications as a service to telecommunications customers. The company operates an unregulated carrier company, CNI, to administer part of this southern Minnesota fiber network. Minnesota ILECs and CLEC are the primary users of these fiber optic cable facilities in the Telecom Sector.
As local exchange telephone companies, the company provides end office switching circuits to long distance interexchange carriers. These relationships allow telephone subscribers to place long distance telephone calls to other networks. It provides interexchange access to its network for interexchange carriers to conduct long distance business with individual customers who select a long distance carrier for termination of calls to all customers.
The companys central office switches are supplied by Nortel. A majority of the equipment sold in Enventis Sector is supplied by Cisco.
Hickory Tech Corporation was founded in 1898.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HICKORY TECH CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HICKORY TECH CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HICKORY TECH CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HICKORY TECH CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HICKORY TECH CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Hickory Tech Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Hickory Tech Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Hickory Tech Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Hickory Tech Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Hickory Tech Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. HICKORY TECH CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HICKORY TECH CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HICKORY TECH CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HICKORY TECH CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HICKORY TECH CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HICKORY TECH CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Hickory Tech Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Hickory Tech Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Hickory Tech Corp. Major Shareholders
Hickory Tech Corp. History
Hickory Tech Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Hickory Tech Corp. Offices and Representations
Hickory Tech Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Hickory Tech Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Hickory Tech Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Hickory Tech Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Hickory Tech Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Hickory Tech Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Hickory Tech Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Hickory Tech Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Hickory Tech Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Hickory Tech Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Hickory Tech Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Hickory Tech Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?