- The report contains detailed information about Hays plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Hays plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Hays plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Hays plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Hays plc business.
About Hays plc
Hays PLC (the company) provides specialist and professional recruitment and HR services and business mail and specialist courier services. The Company is organized around three groups:
Hays Personnel provides specialist and professional recruitment and HR services - for permanent and temporary staff, including: accountancy, taxation, construction & property, IT, banking, insurance, financial services, legal, call centres, HR, sales, marketing, purchasing, education.
In addition to specialist recruitment, the Company also offers additional services:
The Companys personnel work closely with clients from a strategic perspective to develop HR outsourcing solutions that deliver directly to the bottom line. Services that clients outsource to the company - together or on a stand-alone basis - include recruitment management, learning and development, performance management, reward services, employee relations services, employee life cycle administration and management information.
Hays Personnel provides selection techniques such as psychometric assessment and interpretation, and the design and delivery of assessment centres through in-house qualified professionals. These help its clients enhance their own recruitment processes and performance appraisals. The Companys assessment services support activities as wide-ranging as volume recruitment for contact centres, campaigns to identify teams of financial services professionals, and appointment of board executives.
Markets: The Company operates in UK, Ireland, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, Czech Republic, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada.
Hays Personnel produces a comprehensive range of regularly updated, industry-specific salary surveys, many of which receive wide coverage in the trade press are acknowledged as the most authoritative for their sector. Compiled by drawing on the resources of the Companys jobs and candidate databases, the surveys can be accessed via its website, and are accompanied by expert market commentaries.
The Companys customers include start-ups to blue chips across the commercial, industrial, financial, professional and public and not-for-profit sectors. Customers range across commerce, the professions, financial services and the public and not-for-profit sectors. The Companys major customers include Vodafone, Liverpool Victoria, PricewaterhouseCoopers, KPMG, Tenon, Numerica, Deutsche Bank, The Bank of New York, London Borough of Southwark, Egg and Fujitsu.
The Companys website, HaysPersonnel.com, is the major and most popular careers site for specialist professionals, with 80,000 visitors and more than 10,000 job applications each week. The site's database has, at any one time, more than 40,000 live jobs all managed and controlled by Hays Personnel. Many blue chip employers have their own dedicated recruitment microsites on the site, carrying job opportunities, case studies of successful employees and information on training and career development.
HaysPersonnel.com also has substantial resources for employers, who can search its candidate database, register their vacancies and, most importantly, get in touch quickly with real human beings - its specialist consultants. They are also able to arrange behavioural profiles and skills validation tests for candidates while online.
DX Mail provides a wide range of market-major mail and courier solutions in the UK and Ireland Within the UK, DX Mail has provided the alternative service for time-critical business mail since 1975, through its Document Exchange business, as well as a range of door to door delivery solutions within key business sectors through its Specialist Courier network.
Sectors: The Company operates in legal, professional, health, financial services, government and health sectors. The Company has market presence in UK, Republic of Ireland and Continental Europe. DX Mail customers range from professional firms to government departments.
Hays Logistics is a provider of logistics outsourcing in Europe, providing expertise in designing and running complex supply chain solutions for both national and international organisations. The Company operated in three geographical segments United Kingdom, Continental Europe and Rest of the World.
The companys blue chip customer base encompasses the automotive and industrial, consumer, retail, telecommunications and technology sectors. Retail customers include Ahold, Auchan, B&Q, BP, Brico, Leroy Merlin, Carrefour, J Sainsbury, KFC, Marks & Spencer and Waitrose. Customers in the consumer sector include Danone, Gillette, Nestle, Kimberly Clark, Reckitt Benckiser, SC Johnson, Scottish Courage and Unilever. Automotive and industrial customers include BMW, Brembo, Daikin, Daimler Chrysler, Ford, GM, Honda, Iveco and VAG, while its telecoms and technology customer base includes Alcatel, Cisco, Nortel, Orange/France Telecom, Siemens and T-Mobile.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HAYS PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HAYS PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HAYS PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HAYS PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HAYS PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Hays plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Hays plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Hays plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Hays plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Hays plc Industry Position Analysis
6. HAYS PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HAYS PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HAYS PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HAYS PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HAYS PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HAYS PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Hays plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Hays plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Hays plc Major Shareholders
Hays plc History
Hays plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Hays plc Offices and Representations
Hays plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Hays plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Hays plc Capital Market Snapshot
Hays plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
Hays plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Hays plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Hays plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Hays plc 1-year Stock Charts
Hays plc 5-year Stock Charts
Hays plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Hays plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Hays plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?