- The report contains detailed information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Grand Canyon Education, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Grand Canyon Education, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Grand Canyon Education, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Grand Canyon Education, Inc. business.
About Grand Canyon Education, Inc.
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. provides online postsecondary education services focused on graduate and undergraduate degree programs in the disciplines of education, business, and healthcare. In addition to its online programs, the company offers ground programs at its traditional campus in Phoenix, Arizona, and onsite at the facilities of employers.
The company offers the degrees of Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Education, Master of Business Administration, Master of Science, Bachelor of Arts, and Bachelor of Science. Its degree programs also offer the opportunity to obtain one or more emphases. It requires students to take a minimum of three designated courses to achieve a given emphasis. The company also offers certificate programs, which consist of a series of courses focused on a particular area of study, for students who seek to enhance their skills and knowledge. The company offers its academic programs through four distinct colleges: the College of Education; the Ken Blanchard College of Business; the College of Nursing and Health Sciences; and the College of Liberal Arts.
The company licenses the right to utilize the name of Ken Blanchard in connection with its business school and Executive MBA Programs. As of December 31, 2009, the company offered 94 academic degree program and emphasis combinations.
The company has established relationships with health care systems, school districts, emergency services providers, and other employers through which it offers programs onsite to provide flexibility and convenience to students and their employers. For its nursing programs, it offers clinical courses onsite at hospitals and other healthcare centers with which it has relationships, and also arranges to allow these students to complete their clinical work onsite.
The company offers its programs through three 16-week semesters in a calendar year, with two starts available per semester for its online students and its professional studies ground students and one start available per semester for its traditional ground students. As of December 31, 2009, the company had 37,709 students enrolled in its courses.
Student Support Services
The company focuses on developing and providing resources that support the student educational experience, simplify the student enrollment process, acclimate students to its programs and its online environment, and tracks student performance towards degree completion. Its support services, including academic, administrative, and library services, are accessible online and are available to online and ground students, allowing users to access these services at a time and in a manner that is convenient to them. The student support services that the company provides consist of:
Academic services: The company provides students with various services designed to support their academic studies. Its Center for Academic and Professional Success offers research services, writing services, and other tutoring services.
Administrative services: The company provides students with the ability to access a variety of administrative services both telephonically and via the Internet. Its academic and finance counselors provide personalized online and telephonic support to its students.
Library services: The company provides a mix of online and ground resources, services, and instruction to support the educational and research endeavors of all students, faculty, and staff, including ground and online libraries and a qualified library staff that is available to help faculty and students with research, teaching, and library resource instruction.
Career services: For those students seeking to change careers or explore new career opportunities, the company offers career services support, including resume review and evaluation, career planning workshops, and access to career services specialists for advice and support. Other resources that the company offers include a Job Readiness Program, which advises students on matters, such as people skills, resumes and cover letters, mock interviews, and business etiquette; a job board, which advertises employment postings and career exploration opportunities; career counseling appointments and consultations; and career fairs.
Technology support services: The company provides online technical support 16 hours per day during the week and 14 hours per day on weekends to help students remedy technology-related issues. It also provides online tutorials and Frequently Asked Questions for students who are new to online coursework.
The companys online target market includes working adults focused on program quality, convenience, and career advancement goals. Its ground target market includes traditional college students, working adults seeking education in a traditional college setting, and working adults seeking to take classes with a cohort onsite at their employers facility.
The companys ground program competes with Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University, and the University of Arizona, the in-state public universities, as well as two-year colleges within the state community college system. Its ground program also competes with geographically proximate universities with similar religious heritages, including Azusa Pacific University, Baylor University, and Seattle Pacific University. The companys online programs compete with local, traditional universities geographically located near each of its prospective students, and with other for-profit postsecondary schools that offer online degrees, particularly those schools that offer online graduate programs within its core disciplines, including Capella University, University of Phoenix, and Walden University.
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. was founded in 1949.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GRAND CANYON EDUCATION, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GRAND CANYON EDUCATION, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GRAND CANYON EDUCATION, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GRAND CANYON EDUCATION, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GRAND CANYON EDUCATION, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Grand Canyon Education, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Grand Canyon Education, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Diversified Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GRAND CANYON EDUCATION, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GRAND CANYON EDUCATION, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GRAND CANYON EDUCATION, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GRAND CANYON EDUCATION, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GRAND CANYON EDUCATION, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GRAND CANYON EDUCATION, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Major Shareholders
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. History
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Offices and Representations
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Diversified Services Industry Statistics
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?