- The report contains detailed information about Globalstar Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Globalstar Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Globalstar Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Globalstar Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Globalstar Inc. business.
About Globalstar Inc.
Globalstar, Inc. provides mobile voice and data communications services through satellite. The company offers voice and data communications services in approximately 120 countries. It also sells communication services on a wholesale basis to independent companies, which operate 14 of these gateways which refer to as independent gateway operators (IGOs).
Services and Products
The companys principal services are satellite communications services, including mobile and fixed voice and data services, SPOT satellite GPS messenger services and asset tracking and monitoring services. Its services primarily fall into two categories, two-way communications (duplex) and one-way communications (Simplex). The company provides both duplex and simplex services to independent gateway operators (IGOs) and other customers directly. The equipment the company offers to its customers consists principally of SPOT satellite GPS messenger products; mobile telephones; fixed telephones; telephone accessories, such as car kits and chargers; and data modems.
Mobile Voice and Data Satellite Communications Services
Subscribers under these plans typically pay an initial activation fee to the agent or dealer, as well as a monthly usage fee to the company that entitles the customer to a fixed number of minutes in addition to services, such as voicemail, call forwarding, short messaging, email, data compression and internet access. Extra fees may apply for non-voice services, roaming, and long-distance.
Satellite Data Modem Services
In addition to data utilization through fixed and mobile services, the company offers data-only services. Duplex devices have two-way transmission capabilities; for asset-tracking applications, this enables customers to control directly their remote assets and perform complicated monitoring activities. The company offers asynchronous and packet data service in all of its territories. Customers can use its products to access the internet, corporate virtual private networks and other customer specific data centers.
Additionally, the company offers a data acceleration and compression service to the satellite data modem market. This service increases Web-browsing, email and other data transmission speeds without any special equipment or hardware.
Fixed Voice and Data Satellite Communications Services
The company provides fixed voice and data services in rural villages, at remote industrial, commercial and residential sites and on ships at sea, among other places. Its fixed units also may be mounted on vehicles, barges, and construction equipment. The companys fixed voice and data service plans are similar to its mobile voice and data plans.
Personal, Asset Tracking and Remote Monitoring
The companys Simplex service is designed to address the market for a solution for sending data (such as geographic coordinates) from assets or individuals in remote locations to a central monitoring station. The server receives and collates messages from all Simplex telemetry devices transmitting over its satellite network. Simplex devices consist of a telemetry unit, an application specific sensor, a battery (with up to a seven-year life depending on the number of transmissions) and optional global positioning functionality. Users include various governmental agencies, including the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the U.S. Army and the Mexican Ministry of Education, as well as commercial and non-governmental organizations, such as General Electric, Dell and The Salvation Army.
The companys Simplex services are available in countries served by the gateways in North America, France, Venezuela, Mexico, Turkey, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Peru and Brazil. It sells its Simplex services (except its SPOT satellite GPS messenger services) through value added resellers.
The company also provides certain engineering services to assist customers in developing new applications related to its system. These services include installation of gateways and antennas.
Voice and Data Equipment: The company offers its servic
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GLOBALSTAR INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GLOBALSTAR INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GLOBALSTAR INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GLOBALSTAR INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GLOBALSTAR INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Globalstar Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Globalstar Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Globalstar Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Globalstar Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Globalstar Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GLOBALSTAR INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GLOBALSTAR INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GLOBALSTAR INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GLOBALSTAR INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GLOBALSTAR INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GLOBALSTAR INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Globalstar Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Globalstar Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Globalstar Inc. Major Shareholders
Globalstar Inc. History
Globalstar Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Globalstar Inc. Offices and Representations
Globalstar Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Globalstar Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Globalstar Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Globalstar Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Globalstar Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Globalstar Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Globalstar Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Globalstar Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Globalstar Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Globalstar Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Globalstar Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Globalstar Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?