- The report contains detailed information about The GEO Group, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for The GEO Group, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The The GEO Group, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes The GEO Group, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of The GEO Group, Inc. business.
About The GEO Group, Inc.
The GEO Group, Inc. provides government-outsourced services specializing in the management of correctional, detention and mental health and residential treatment facilities in the United States, Canada, Australia, South Africa, and the United Kingdom. The company operates a range of correctional and detention facilities including maximum, medium and minimum security prisons, immigration detention centers, minimum security detention centers and mental health and residential treatment facilities.
The company also provides transportation services for offender and detainee populations as contracted. The company's correctional and detention management services involve the provision of security, administrative, rehabilitation, education, health, and food services, primarily at adult male correctional and detention facilities. The company's mental health and residential treatment services, which are operated through its wholly-owned subsidiary GEO Care, Inc. (GEO Care), involve the delivery of quality care, programming, and active patient treatment, primarily at privatized state mental health facilities. The company also develops new facilities based on contract awards.
As of January 3, 2010, the company managed 57 facilities totaling approximately 52,800 beds worldwide and it had an additional 4,325 beds under development at three facilities, including an expansion and renovation of one vacant facility which it owns, the expansion of one facility it owns and operates and a new 2,000-bed facility, which it would manage upon completion.
The company, at its correctional and detention facilities in the U.S. and internationally, offers services that go beyond housing offenders in a secure manner. The services that the company offers to inmates at most of its managed facilities include an array of in-facility rehabilitative and educational programs. Such programs include basic education through academic programs designed to improve inmates literacy levels and enhance the opportunity to acquire General Education Development certificates and also include vocational training for in-demand occupations to inmates who lack marketable job skills.
The company offers life skills/transition planning programs that provide job search training and employment skills, anger management skills, health education, financial responsibility training, parenting skills and other skills associated with becoming productive citizens. The company also offers counseling, education and/or treatment to inmates with alcohol and drug abuse problems at most of the domestic facilities the company manages.
The companys mental health facilities and residential treatment services primarily involve the provision of acute mental health and related administrative services to mentally ill patients that have been placed under public sector supervision and care. At these mental health facilities, the company employs psychiatrists, physicians, nurses, counselors, social workers and other trained personnel to deliver active psychiatric treatment designed to diagnose, treat and rehabilitate patients for community reintegration.
The company conducts its business through four segments: U.S. Corrections segment; International Services segment; GEO Care segment; and Facility construction and design segment.
The U.S. Corrections segment primarily encompasses its U.S.-based privatized corrections and detention business.
The International Services segment primarily consists of its privatized corrections and detention operations in South Africa, Australia, and the United Kingdom.
The GEO Care segment, which is operated by the companys wholly-owned subsidiary, GEO Care, Inc., comprises its privatized mental health and residential treatment services business, all of which are conducted in the U.S.
The Facility construction and design segment primarily consists of contracts with various state, local and federal agencies for the design and construction of facilities for which the company has been awarded management contracts.
In September 2009, the company acquired Just Care, Inc. (Just Care), a provider of detention healthcare focusing on the delivery of medical and mental health services. Just Care manages the 354-bed Columbia Regional Care Center located in Columbia, South Carolina. This facility houses medical and mental health residents for the State of South Carolina and the State of Georgia, as well as special needs detainees under custody of the U.S. Marshals Service and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
Facility Design, Construction and Finance
The company offers governmental agencies consultation and management services relating to the design and construction of new correctional and detention facilities and the redesign and renovation of older facilities. As of January 3, 2010, the company had provided services for the design and construction of forty-five facilities and for the redesign and renovation and expansion of twenty-eight facilities.
The companys customers include various agencies of the U.S. Federal Government and various agencies of the State of Florida.
In the private sector, the companys U.S. corrections and International services business segments compete with: Corrections Corporation of America; Cornell Companies, Inc.; Management and Training Corporation; Louisiana Corrections Services, Inc.; Emerald Companies; Community Education Centers; LaSalle Corrections; Group 4 Securicor; Kaylx; and Serco.
The GEO Group, Inc. was founded in 1984.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. THE GEO GROUP, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. THE GEO GROUP, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. THE GEO GROUP, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. THE GEO GROUP, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. THE GEO GROUP, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. The GEO Group, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of The GEO Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of The GEO Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. The GEO Group, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. The GEO Group, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. THE GEO GROUP, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. THE GEO GROUP, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. THE GEO GROUP, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. THE GEO GROUP, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. THE GEO GROUP, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. THE GEO GROUP, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
The GEO Group, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
The GEO Group, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
The GEO Group, Inc. Major Shareholders
The GEO Group, Inc. History
The GEO Group, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
The GEO Group, Inc. Offices and Representations
The GEO Group, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
The GEO Group, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
The GEO Group, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
The GEO Group, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
The GEO Group, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
The GEO Group, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
The GEO Group, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
The GEO Group, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
The GEO Group, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
The GEO Group, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
The GEO Group, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
The GEO Group, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?