- The report contains detailed information about Garda World Security Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Garda World Security Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Garda World Security Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Garda World Security Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Garda World Security Corp. business.
About Garda World Security Corp.
Garda World Security Corp. (the Company) was incorporated by a certificate of incorporation under the Canada Business Corporations Act in 1997. The Company is a supplier of security services.
The Company acquired, on September 3 1999, Garda Security Group Inc, an important security agency, which counted more then 1,500 employees and ten places of business.
In the year 2000, the Corporation completed the purchase of 70% of the issued and outstanding shares of SOFTManagement Inc., a company specialized in designing and marketing proprietary software products intended for security management, emergency management and business continuity management.
In the year 2000, the Corporation has acquired all issued and outstanding shares of Riscon Services Limited, a company from Ontario which provides a wide array of services including stores detectives for security detail in commercial retailing, investigations, security consulting and security guards.
The company and its subsidiaries offer an array of specialized and integrated security services consisting of: security officers, loss prevention and retail stores, consulting services such as audit, risk analysis and training, patrols and inspection, tactical and specialized services, special investigations divisions, cash-in-transit and technological security solutions.
The Company currently employs over four thousand three hundred (4,300) security officers assigned for the most part, in office buildings, shopping, commercial and industrial centres as well as in hospitals and institutions. Their mission is twofold: they provide an unconditional protection service for the Corporations customers resources, combined with a courteous front-desk welcome service. The security officers employed by the Corporation, all posses the necessary qualifications to work with complex and multi-purpose high-tech security systems associated with the clients security needs.
Loss Prevention and Retail Stores
Specialized and experienced in their field, the Companys investigators are experts in loss prevention caused by shoplifting, in-house theft and frauds committed inside retail business. Consequently, the loss prevention division of the Corporation provides its customers with services as to the education of shoplifting prevention, shoplifting prevention training programs, mystery shoppers and work shift control checks.
Consulting Services: audit, risk analysis and training
In matters relating to protection, prevention and elimination of risks and responsibilities, the Company offers totally integrated solutions. In collaboration with its clients, the Corporations multidisciplinary teams of experts have developed specialized risk analysis services pertaining to everyday operations within an organization. The Company provides the necessary support in order to resolve existing problems within a system. Measures recommended by its experts ensure that clients comply with standards and regulations resulting from either routine inspections, external audits previous to ISO certification or when required by the Board of Directors whose objective is to protect physical, financial and human resources within the organization.
Patrols and Inspection
The Companys certified inspectors visit client installations on a regular basis at night, on weekends and during statutory holidays. The inspectors carry out their safeguard visits aboard specially identified patrol cars equipped with emergency rotating lights. As well as preventing breaking and entering or vandalism, the Companys patrol officers also provide a continuous presence in their clients vicinity and constantly inform the clients on all and any unusual occurrences.
Tactical and Specialized Services
The Company offers an array of special protection and public security services. This division develops specially designed programs to answer the needs of public and state-owned agencies wrestling with budgetary constraints. Sustained by the experience and know-how of its multidisciplinary team, its specialists are currently managing security within labour relations, taking care of cash- in-transit, while developing the following services: transportation of prisoners and privatization of public through services electronic surveillance.
Special Investigations Division
The special investigations division is made up of highly specialized experts with long-standing experience in the art of investigation and research. This division consists of external investigations, internal investigations and other related services. The external investigations include fraud, insurance and workers compensation, in-house theft, productivity problems, inventory protection and drug trafficking. The internal investigations are mainly concerned with research, pre-employment checks, criminal files and due diligences. Other related services include VIP personal protection services and a canine specialized team used to detect drugs in strategic areas.
Technological Security Solutions
The Companys security solutions division is a first-class leader in the designing, installation and maintenance of high-tech security equipment. The Companys unparalleled know-how in the field of sophisticated services, such as card access control, closed-circuit television, alarms and remote monitoring as well as a wide range of surveillance and protection products is unparalleled.
At a multinational level, the Companys major competitors are Group 4 Falck, Rantokil-Initial, Securicor and Securitas. In the province of Quebec, the smaller companies competing with the Company are namely Kolossal and Sec-Pro Inc.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GARDA WORLD SECURITY CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GARDA WORLD SECURITY CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GARDA WORLD SECURITY CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GARDA WORLD SECURITY CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GARDA WORLD SECURITY CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Garda World Security Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Garda World Security Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Garda World Security Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Garda World Security Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Garda World Security Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. GARDA WORLD SECURITY CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GARDA WORLD SECURITY CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GARDA WORLD SECURITY CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GARDA WORLD SECURITY CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GARDA WORLD SECURITY CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GARDA WORLD SECURITY CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Garda World Security Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Garda World Security Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Garda World Security Corp. Major Shareholders
Garda World Security Corp. History
Garda World Security Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Garda World Security Corp. Offices and Representations
Garda World Security Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Garda World Security Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Garda World Security Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Garda World Security Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
Garda World Security Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Garda World Security Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Garda World Security Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Garda World Security Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Garda World Security Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Garda World Security Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Garda World Security Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Garda World Security Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?