- The report contains detailed information about The Dolan Company that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for The Dolan Company. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The The Dolan Company financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes The Dolan Company competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of The Dolan Company business.
About The Dolan Company
The Dolan Company provides business information and professional services to the legal, financial, and real estate sectors in the United States. The company provides companies and professionals in the markets it serves with access to information and services that enable them to operate in time sensitive business environments.
The company serves customers through two divisions: Business Information and Professional Services.
Business Information Division
Business Information Division publishes business journals, court and commercial media and other information products and services, operates web sites, and produces events for targeted professional audiences in each of the 21 geographic markets that it serves across the United States. The company publishes 64 publications consisting of 11 paid daily print publications, 23 paid non-daily print publications, 12 non-paid non-daily print publications, and 18 publications that it only provides online or through email. The company also delivers 18 of its print publications electronically through its Web sites and provides other business information through its 39 event and other non-publication Web sites and its email notification systems.
Professional Services Division
Professional Services Division comprises two operating segments: mortgage default processing services and litigation support services. Through its subsidiary, NDeX, the company provides mortgage default processing services to eight law firm customers, as well as directly to mortgage lenders and loan servicers on residential real estate located in California. The company provides these services for residential real estate located in California, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, and Texas. The company's subsidiaries DiscoverReady and Counsel Press comprise litigation support services operating segment. DiscoverReady, which the company acquired in November 2009, provides outsourced discovery management and document review services to major United States companies and their counsel. Counsel Press provides appellate services to law firms and attorneys nationwide.
Products and Services
Professional Services Mortgage Default Processing Services segment
The company offers mortgage default processing and related services to its eight law firm customers and, on California foreclosure files, to mortgage lenders and loan services through its majority-owned subsidiary, NDeX. The company owns 93.8% of the membership interests in NDeX. Generally, NDeX assists its law firm and other customers in processing foreclosure, bankruptcy, eviction and, to a lesser extent, litigation, and other mortgage default related case files, in connection with residential mortgage defaults in California, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, and Texas. NDeX also provides real estate title services to the Barrett law firm and provides loan modification and loss mitigation support on mortgage default files to its customers.
The companys major customer is the Barrett law firm. The company entered into services agreements with the Barrett law firm and Albertelli law firm as a result of its acquisition of Barrett-NDEx in 2008 and the mortgage default processing services business of the Albertelli sellers in 2009, respectively. NDeX is the sole provider of foreclosure, bankruptcy, eviction and, to a lesser extent, litigation and other related processing services for residential mortgage defaults to its eight law firm customers.
Litigation Support Services segment
Through its litigation support services segment, which the company added in November 2009 with the acquisition of DiscoverReady, the company provides outsourced litigation support services to United States companies and their in-house lawyers, primarily through DiscoverReady, as well as local and regional law firms, primarily through Counsel Press. In particular, DiscoverReady, in which the company owns an 85.0% interest, provides discovery management and document review services. Counsel Press assists law firms in organizing, preparing and filing appellate briefs, records and appendices, in paper and electronic formats.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. THE DOLAN COMPANY COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. THE DOLAN COMPANY BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. THE DOLAN COMPANY SWOT ANALYSIS
4. THE DOLAN COMPANY FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. THE DOLAN COMPANY COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. The Dolan Company Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of The Dolan Company and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of The Dolan Company and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. The Dolan Company Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. The Dolan Company Industry Position Analysis
6. THE DOLAN COMPANY NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. THE DOLAN COMPANY EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. THE DOLAN COMPANY ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. THE DOLAN COMPANY IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. THE DOLAN COMPANY PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. THE DOLAN COMPANY VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
The Dolan Company Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
The Dolan Company Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
The Dolan Company Major Shareholders
The Dolan Company History
The Dolan Company Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
The Dolan Company Offices and Representations
The Dolan Company SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
The Dolan Company Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
The Dolan Company Capital Market Snapshot
The Dolan Company Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
The Dolan Company Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
The Dolan Company Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
The Dolan Company Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
The Dolan Company 1-year Stock Charts
The Dolan Company 5-year Stock Charts
The Dolan Company vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
The Dolan Company vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
The Dolan Company Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?