- The report contains detailed information about Digital Youth Network Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Digital Youth Network Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Digital Youth Network Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Digital Youth Network Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Digital Youth Network Corp. business.
About Digital Youth Network Corp.
Digital Youth Network Corp., an interactive marketing company, provides Short Messaging Services (SMS) text messaging and promotional services and advertising services to Canadian teenagers. The company also provides advertising and market research to its clients. The company provides its services to its subscribers, primarily the teenagers between 13 and 18 years of age.
The Company's technology allows wireless subscribers to interact with television, radio and print media to participate in contests and wireless promotions and to request additional information about products or promotions.
The Company provides free membership in its Digital Youth network to generation DY subscribers entitling them to free incoming SMS text messaging if sent through the Company's Digital Youth Network server, the opportunity to participate in market research surveys and promotional events, and free prizes to new members when they subscribe.
As of August 31, 2005, the company worked with Universal Music to promote new artists and their album releases to its subscriber community, and it explores ways to provide its subscribers with access to legally downloadable music through its Web Site while simultaneously providing Universal Music with a new channel for distribution of its products. Universal Music, a division of Universal Studios Canada Ltd., produces, manufactures, markets, sells and distributes recorded music and represents artists from Canada and around the world.
The Puretracks music store allows customers to legally download music in a Windows Media Player format 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Company's digital youth network can provide a viable alternative for members of generation DY who wish to download music legally by providing the option of payment by deduction from members' airtime accounts.
The company entered an agreement with Universal Music whereby it distributes TrueTones derived from music written by artists represented by Universal Music. TrueTones are recordings of music that are played as the ring tone on a cellular telephone. In addition to its agreement with Universal Music for Truetones, the company has entered into an agreement with the Canadian Wireless Telecommunication Association whereby consumers would be allowed to text message a particular code to its short code to purchase TrueTones directly from the newspaper or other advertisement where the consumer found the code.
The company works with Digital Advertising Network, Inc., a Canadian company, integrating its SMS messaging capability with Digital Advertising Network, Inc.s video screens in shopping malls across Canada pursuant to a written agreement.
The company has expanded its Pacific Newspaper Group Inc. project, creating and publishing a full page Mobile On Demand page in the Province newspaper (a newspaper of general circulation in the greater Vancouver metropolitan area), to include four additional major Canadian newspapers the Ottawa Citizen, the Montreal Gazette, the Edmonton Journal and the Calgary Herald.
The Company's majority-owned subsidiary is Digital Youth Network, Inc.
The Company competes with other media and marketing companies, including Mythum, a Canadian marketing company.
Digital Youth Network Corp. was incorporated in 1996 under the name CallDirect Capital Corp. and changed its name to Ocean Ventures, Inc. in 2000. The Company further changed its name to Digital Youth Network Corp. in 2004.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DIGITAL YOUTH NETWORK CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DIGITAL YOUTH NETWORK CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DIGITAL YOUTH NETWORK CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DIGITAL YOUTH NETWORK CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DIGITAL YOUTH NETWORK CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Digital Youth Network Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Digital Youth Network Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Digital Youth Network Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Digital Youth Network Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Digital Youth Network Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. DIGITAL YOUTH NETWORK CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DIGITAL YOUTH NETWORK CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DIGITAL YOUTH NETWORK CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DIGITAL YOUTH NETWORK CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DIGITAL YOUTH NETWORK CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DIGITAL YOUTH NETWORK CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Digital Youth Network Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Digital Youth Network Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Digital Youth Network Corp. Major Shareholders
Digital Youth Network Corp. History
Digital Youth Network Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Digital Youth Network Corp. Offices and Representations
Digital Youth Network Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Digital Youth Network Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Digital Youth Network Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Digital Youth Network Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Digital Youth Network Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Digital Youth Network Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Digital Youth Network Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Digital Youth Network Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Digital Youth Network Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Digital Youth Network Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Digital Youth Network Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Digital Youth Network Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?