Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. business.
About Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd.
Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. operates as a printing company in Japan. The company provides diverse products and services in a range of fields to approximately 30,000 corporate clients and to consumers in Japan and worldwide.
The company operates in two main businesses: Printing and Beverages.
The company operates Printing business in three segments according to the types of products and services provided: Information Communication, Lifestyle and Industrial Supplies, and Electronics.
Books and Magazines: The company, in addition to printing books and magazines, handles a range of media, including planning and production of CD-ROMs and DVDs, and network-based electronic publishing. In addition to conventional publishing companies, its customers include a variety of content holders in Japan and abroad.
Commercial Printing: In addition to printing promotional materials, such as catalogs and pamphlets, the company also handles a variety of products and services related to sales promotion, including web sites, in-store sales promotions and operation of campaigns, mailing centers and customer service centers. It serves corporate customers in various industries, including manufacturing, distribution, and advertising.
Business Forms: The company provides information processing services which entails individualized processing of massive amounts of personal data.
Lifestyle & Industrial Supplies
The Lifestyle and Industrial Supplies segment is composed of three business divisions: Packaging, Lifestyle Materials, and Opto-Materials/Industrial Supplies.
Packaging Operations offers planning and development of a variety of packaging products, including design and development of materials that serve specific functions, flexible manufacturing systems that can handle large or small lots, and container filling equipment and plants. Its customers are manufacturers of foods, beverages, medical supplies, pharmaceuticals, electronic components, and industrial materials.
Lifestyle Materials Operations develops and supplies a range of products, including interior and exterior materials for residential and institutional buildings, room dividers and storage products, and interior materials for automobiles and railroad cars. This division also works with the building industry to provide solutions to problems related to construction methods.
The Opto-Materials/Industrial Supplies Operations develops and manufactures anti-glare film used in LC displays and dye-sublimation thermal transfer recording media used in ink ribbons for printing photos. The divisions main customers are electronics companies. Its photo print business also markets DNPs own brand of products directly to consumers. In the energy field, the companys products include back sheets and encapsulant sheets for the solar battery market.
Electronics segment develops printing techniques, including microprocessing, to supply semiconductor and display products. It develops a stream of products that meet the needs of client companies, such as photomasks (original plates for making LSI circuits), multilayer wiring boards, and color filters used in liquid crystal displays.
Electronic Devices business division provides diverse types of products that are indispensable to electronic devices.
Display Components business division develops and manufactures a variety of display related products, starting with color filters for LC displays, and supplies products to manufacturers in Japan, South Korea, China, and Taiwan. It also engages in development of displays, including organic EL displays.
The company, in the Beverages business, operates through Hokkaido Coca-Cola Bottling Co., Ltd.
Sales and Marketing
The company, in Japan, has 48 sales bases and 58 production plants. Overseas it has 21 sales offices in 16 countries and 7 production plants in 6 countries.
The company, in 2008, has formed alliances with book store operators Maruzen Co., Ltd. and Junkudo Co., Ltd., with TRC Inc., a company that provides book distribution and other services for public libraries, and with publisher Shufunotomo Co., Ltd. The company also joined Japanese publishers Kodansha Ltd., Shueisha Inc., and Shogakukan Inc. in purchasing a stake in Bookoff Corp.
Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. was founded in 1876.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DAI NIPPON PRINTING CO. LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DAI NIPPON PRINTING CO. LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DAI NIPPON PRINTING CO. LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DAI NIPPON PRINTING CO. LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DAI NIPPON PRINTING CO. LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. DAI NIPPON PRINTING CO. LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DAI NIPPON PRINTING CO. LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DAI NIPPON PRINTING CO. LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DAI NIPPON PRINTING CO. LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DAI NIPPON PRINTING CO. LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DAI NIPPON PRINTING CO. LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. Major Shareholders
Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. History
Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. Offices and Representations
Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?