- The report contains detailed information about Crown Castle International Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Crown Castle International Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Crown Castle International Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Crown Castle International Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Crown Castle International Corp. business.
About Crown Castle International Corp.
Crown Castle International Corp. owns, operates, and leases towers, rooftop installations, and other communication structures for wireless communications. The companys main business is renting space on its towers through long-term contracts in various forms, including license, sublease and lease agreements. Its towers can accommodate multiple customers for antennas and other equipment necessary for the transmission of wireless signals for mobile telephones and other devices.
The companys tower portfolio, as of December 31, 2009, included owned, leased or managed approximately 24,000 towers. It had approximately 22,200 towers in the United States, including Puerto Rico (U.S.), approximately 1,600 towers in Australia, and the remainders of its towers are located in Canada. Through its Australia tower portfolio, the company has a strategic presence in each of Australias major metropolitan areas, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.
The company operates primarily in the U.S. and Australia. It conducts its operations principally through subsidiaries of Crown Castle Operating Company (CCOC), including certain subsidiaries which operate its tower portfolios in the U.S. and a 77.6% owned subsidiary that operates its Australia tower portfolio (referred to as CCAL).
The core business of CCUSA is the renting of antenna space on its towers. It rents to wireless carriers under long-term contracts for the transmission of various wireless signals related to wireless voice and data transmission. As of December 31, 2009, CCUSA owned, leased, or managed approximately 22,400 towers. The company receives monthly rental payments from tenants, payable under site leases.
Network Services: The company also offers its customers certain network services relating to its towers. Its network services primarily consist of antenna installations and subsequent augmentations, as well as site acquisition services, engineering services, permitting, other construction services, and other services related to network deployments.
Customers: The company works with national wireless carriers, and in general, its customers are primarily comprised of providers of wireless voice and data services who operate national or regional networks. It has master lease agreements with most wireless carriers, including Verizon Wireless, AT&T, Sprint Nextel, T-Mobile, and, Clearwire which provide certain terms that govern leases on its towers entered into by such parties during the term of their master lease agreements.
Competition: The company compete with American Tower Corporation, SBA Communications Corporation, Global Tower Partners, and TowerCo.
The companys primary business in Australia is the renting of antenna space on towers to customers. CCAL is an independent tower operator in Australia. As of December 31, 2009, CCAL had approximately 1,600 towers, with a presence in each of Australias major metropolitan areas, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth. CCAL also provides a range of services, including site maintenance and property management services for towers owned by third parties.
Customers: CCALs principal customers are Telstra, Optus, and VHA Pty Ltd.
Competition: The company competes with Australia are Broadcast Australia, Telstra, and Optus.
Crown Castle International Corp. was founded in 1994.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CROWN CASTLE INTERNATIONAL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CROWN CASTLE INTERNATIONAL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CROWN CASTLE INTERNATIONAL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CROWN CASTLE INTERNATIONAL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CROWN CASTLE INTERNATIONAL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Crown Castle International Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Crown Castle International Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Crown Castle International Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Crown Castle International Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Crown Castle International Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. CROWN CASTLE INTERNATIONAL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CROWN CASTLE INTERNATIONAL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CROWN CASTLE INTERNATIONAL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CROWN CASTLE INTERNATIONAL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CROWN CASTLE INTERNATIONAL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CROWN CASTLE INTERNATIONAL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Crown Castle International Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Crown Castle International Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Crown Castle International Corp. Major Shareholders
Crown Castle International Corp. History
Crown Castle International Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Crown Castle International Corp. Offices and Representations
Crown Castle International Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Crown Castle International Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Crown Castle International Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Crown Castle International Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Crown Castle International Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Crown Castle International Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Crown Castle International Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Crown Castle International Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Crown Castle International Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Crown Castle International Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Crown Castle International Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Crown Castle International Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?