- The report contains detailed information about Covanta Holding Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Covanta Holding Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Covanta Holding Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Covanta Holding Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Covanta Holding Corporation business.
About Covanta Holding Corporation
Covanta Holding Corporation is a developer, owner, and operator of infrastructure for the conversion of waste to energy (known as energy-from-waste), as well as other waste disposal and renewable energy production businesses in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. The company also engages in the independent power production business outside the Americas. The company has investments in subsidiaries engaged in insurance operations in California, primarily in property and casualty insurance.
As of December 31, 2009, the company owned, had equity investments in, and/or operated 64 energy generation facilities, 56 of which are in the Americas and eight of which are located outside the Americas. The companys energy generation facilities use various fuels, including municipal solid waste, wood waste (biomass), landfill gas, water (hydroelectric), natural gas, coal, and heavy fuel-oil. The company also owns or operates businesses that are associated with its energy-from-waste business, including a waste procurement business, two ashfills and two landfills, which the company uses primarily for ash disposal, and 13 waste transfer stations.
The companys segments are Americas and International. The Americas segment is comprised of waste and energy services operations primarily in the United States and Canada. The International segment is comprised of waste and energy services operations in other countries, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Italy, China, The Philippines, India, and Bangladesh.
These projects are capable of providing waste disposal services and generating electricity or steam. The company provides these waste disposal services and sells the electricity and steam generated under contracts. Its service contracts may be renewed for varying periods of time, at the option of the municipal client.
The company also operates, and in some cases have ownership interests in, transfer stations and landfills. In addition, the company owns and in some cases operates other renewable energy projects in the Americas segment which generate electricity from wood waste (biomass), landfill gas, and hydroelectric resources. The electricity from these other renewable energy projects is sold to utilities under contracts or into the regional power pool at short-term rates. The company operates energy-from-waste projects in 16 states and one Canadian province.
The company owns and operates seven wood-fired generation facilities and has a 55% interest in a partnership which owns another wood-fired generation facility. Six of these facilities are located in California, and two are located in Maine. The combined gross energy output from these facilities is 191 megawatts (MW).
Other Renewable Energy Projects
The company also engages in developing, owning, and/or operating renewable energy production facilities utilizing various energy sources, such as water (hydroelectric) and landfill gas. It operates and maintains these projects for its own account or does so on a cost-plus basis rather than a fixed-fee basis.
Hydroelectric The company owns a 50% equity interest in two small run-of-river hydroelectric facilities located in the State of Washington which sell energy and capacity to Puget Sound Energy under long-term energy contracts. The company operates two hydroelectric facilities in Costa Rica through an operating subsidiary pursuant to long-term contracts. The company also has a nominal equity investment in each project. The electric output from both of these facilities is sold to Instituto Costarricense de Electricidad, a Costa Rica national electric utility.
Landfill Gas The company owns and operates two landfill gas projects located in California and one in Massachusetts which produce electricity by combusting methane gas produced in landfills.
The company has interests in international power projects with an aggregate generating capacity of approximately 938 MW (gross), with its portion of the ownership in these facilities representing approximately 365 MW. In addition to its headqu
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COVANTA HOLDING CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COVANTA HOLDING CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COVANTA HOLDING CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COVANTA HOLDING CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COVANTA HOLDING CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Covanta Holding Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Covanta Holding Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Covanta Holding Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Covanta Holding Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Covanta Holding Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. COVANTA HOLDING CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COVANTA HOLDING CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COVANTA HOLDING CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COVANTA HOLDING CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COVANTA HOLDING CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COVANTA HOLDING CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Covanta Holding Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Covanta Holding Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Covanta Holding Corporation Major Shareholders
Covanta Holding Corporation History
Covanta Holding Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Covanta Holding Corporation Offices and Representations
Covanta Holding Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Covanta Holding Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Covanta Holding Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Covanta Holding Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
Covanta Holding Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Covanta Holding Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Covanta Holding Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Covanta Holding Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Covanta Holding Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Covanta Holding Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Covanta Holding Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Covanta Holding Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?