- The report contains detailed information about Courier Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Courier Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Courier Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Courier Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Courier Corporation business.
About Courier Corporation
Courier Corporation operates as a book manufacturer and specialty publisher in America.
The company operates in two business segments, Book Manufacturing and Specialty Publishing.
BOOK MANUFACTURING SEGMENT
The Book Manufacturing segment focuses on streamlining the process of bringing books from the point of creation to the point of use. It offers services from prepress and production through storage and distribution, as well as digital print capabilities. Its principal book manufacturing markets are religious, educational, and specialty trade books with products, including Bibles, educational textbooks, and consumer books. This segment also includes Moore-Langen Printing Company, Inc. (Moore Langen), an Indiana-based printer specializing in manufacturing book covers. This segment also includes Highcrest Media LLC (Highcrest Media), which provides solutions that streamline the production of customized textbooks for use in colleges, universities, and businesses.
This segment produces hard and softcover books, as well as related services involved in managing the process of creating and distributing these products for publishers, religious organizations, and other information providers. It provides book manufacturing and related services from six facilities in Westford, Stoughton and North Chelmsford, Massachusetts; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; and Kendallville and Terre Haute, Indiana.
The company's book manufacturing operations utilizes both offset and digital print technologies, combined with various binding capabilities, to produce both soft and hard cover books. Its six facilities have certain specialties adapted to the needs of the market niches its serves, such as short-run book manufacturing, printing on lightweight paper, book cover production, four-color book manufacturing, and digital printing.
The company has sales offices in New York, New York; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Terre Haute, Indiana; and North Chelmsford and Westford, Massachusetts.
The company's customers include Pearson plc; The Gideons International; and Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company.
SPECIALTY PUBLISHING SEGMENT
The Specialty Publishing segment consists of Dover Publications, Inc. (Dover), Research & Education Association, Inc. (REA), and Federal Marketing Corporation, doing business as Creative Homeowner (Creative Homeowner).
Dover is a publisher of books in approximately 50 specialty categories, including fine and commercial arts, childrens books, crafts, music scores, graphic design, mathematics, physics, and other areas of science, puzzles, games, social science, stationery items, and classics of literature for both juvenile and adult markets, including the Dover Thrift Editions. Dover also launched the 15 titles in a series of Sesame Street Activity Books.
Dover sells its products through major American bookstore chains, independent booksellers, childrens stores, craft stores and gift shops, as well as a range of distributors worldwide. Dover has also sold its books directly to consumers through its specialty catalogs and over the Internet at www.doverpublications.com. Dover also maintains www.DoverDirect.com, which is a business-to-business site for its retailers and distributors.
REA publishes approximately 900 test preparation and study guide titles. Product lines include Problem Solvers, Essentials, Super Reviews, and Test Preparation books. REA sells its products worldwide through major bookseller chains, college bookstores, and teachers supply stores, as well as directly to teachers and other consumers through catalogs and over the Internet at www.REA.com.
Creative Homeowner is a New Jersey-based publisher and distributor of books, home plans, and related products for the home and garden retail book market. Creative Homeowners 130 titles include books on home decoration, design and improvement, as well as gardening and landscaping. Its products are sold primarily through home and garden centers, as well as bookstores and direct to consumers over the Internet at www.creativehomeowner.com. From its line of home plan books, Creative Homeowner offers approximately 10,000 home plans from which consumers can order blueprints directly over the Internet at www.ultimatehomeplans.com.
Courier Corporation was founded in 1824.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COURIER CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COURIER CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COURIER CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COURIER CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COURIER CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Courier Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Courier Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Courier Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Courier Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Courier Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. COURIER CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COURIER CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COURIER CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COURIER CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COURIER CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COURIER CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Courier Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Courier Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Courier Corporation Major Shareholders
Courier Corporation History
Courier Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Courier Corporation Offices and Representations
Courier Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Courier Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Courier Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Courier Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
Courier Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Courier Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Courier Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Courier Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Courier Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Courier Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Courier Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Courier Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?