- The report contains detailed information about Consolidated Graphics, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Consolidated Graphics, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Consolidated Graphics, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Consolidated Graphics, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Consolidated Graphics, Inc. business.
About Consolidated Graphics, Inc.
Consolidated Graphics, Inc. provides commercial printing and print-related services, with 70 printing businesses in 27 states, Toronto, and Prague.
The companys sales are derived from providing commercial printing and print-related services. These services consist of traditional print services, including electronic prepress, digital and offset printing, finishing, storage, and delivery of printed documents, which are custom manufactured to its customers design specifications; fulfillment and mailing services for such printed materials; technology solutions that enable its customers to procure and manage printed materials and/or design, procure, distribute, track and analyze results of printing-based marketing programs and activities; and crossmedia capabilities allowing the companys customers to supplement the message of their printed materials through other media, such as the Internet, email, or text messaging.
The company produces custom-designed printed materials for customers in a cross-section of industries, the majority of which are located in the markets where its printing businesses are based. In addition to providing a range of prepress, digital and offset printing and finishing services, the companys printing businesses offer fulfillment and mailing services, as well as e-commerce software solutions and other print-related, value-added services.
Commercial Printing Services
The companys electronic prepress services include all of the steps necessary to prepare media (photographs, artwork, and typed copy) for printing. This process involves converting the media into digital images, separating digital color images into process colors, and in some cases preparing a proof for customer approval. The companys printing businesses produce printing plates using computer-to-plate technology, whereby digitized text, graphic images, and line art are transferred directly from digital files onto printing plates.
The companys printing businesses primarily use sheetfed printing presses, which are generally capable of printing approximately 16 pages of letter-sized finished product on a 28 by 40 inch sheet of paper with 8 pages on each side (known as a 16-page signature). Its printing businesses operate a total of 289 sheetfed presses capable of simultaneously printing from 1 to 12 colors and are capable of running at speeds of approximately 18,000 impressions an hour. It operates 63 half and full-size web printing presses which print up to 8 colors on a continuous roll of paper, print up to 32-page signatures on both sides of the paper at speeds of approximately 50,000 impressions an hour and are also capable of folding, gluing and/or perforating the printed material in a single pass.
The company operates a total of 220 digital presses, including 117 high capacity, ultra presses, such as HP Indigo, Kodak Nexpress, Xeikon, and Xerox iGen3. The companys finishing services include cutting, folding, binding and other operations necessary to finish printed materials according to customer specifications. Many of its printing businesses also offer specialty finishing capabilities, such as die-cutting, embossing, UV coating, and foil stamping.
The company provides various fulfillment services, which primarily include assembling, packaging, storing, and distributing printed promotional, educational, and training documents and materials on behalf of its customers. Additionally, it provides mailing services for printed materials, particularly consumer-direct marketing, advertising and promotional pieces produced for its customers. The company also offers various options for sorting, packaging, inkjet labeling, and shipping of printed materials.
The company offers print-related e-commerce solutions that enable its customers to streamline their print procurement process and improve their ability to manage the printed materials they order; design, procure, distribute, track and analyze results of printing-based marketing programs and activities; and supplement the message of their printed materials through other media, such as the Internet, email or text messaging. Most of these e-commerce solutions are Internet-based, and like the printed materials the company produces, are customized to the specific needs of its customers. The key e-commerce capabilities it offers include storefront; crossmedia; digital asset management; and digital print solutions.
Other e-commerce and electronic media services the company offers include Internet services, such as designing Web sites and programming interactive tools, CD-ROM development and production, foreign language translation services in approximately 100 different languages, composition and typesetting, and database management for customer-retention programs.
The companys customer base includes both national and local corporations in the U.S. and Canada operating in a range of industries, as well as mutual fund companies, advertising agencies, graphic design firms, catalog retailers, direct mail marketers, state and local governments and quasi-governmental agencies, education institutions, not-for-profit associations, and political campaign organizations.
Consolidated Graphics, Inc. was founded in 1985.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CONSOLIDATED GRAPHICS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CONSOLIDATED GRAPHICS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CONSOLIDATED GRAPHICS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CONSOLIDATED GRAPHICS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CONSOLIDATED GRAPHICS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Consolidated Graphics, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Consolidated Graphics, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Consolidated Graphics, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Consolidated Graphics, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Consolidated Graphics, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CONSOLIDATED GRAPHICS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CONSOLIDATED GRAPHICS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CONSOLIDATED GRAPHICS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CONSOLIDATED GRAPHICS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CONSOLIDATED GRAPHICS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CONSOLIDATED GRAPHICS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Consolidated Graphics, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Consolidated Graphics, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Consolidated Graphics, Inc. Major Shareholders
Consolidated Graphics, Inc. History
Consolidated Graphics, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Consolidated Graphics, Inc. Offices and Representations
Consolidated Graphics, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Consolidated Graphics, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Consolidated Graphics, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Consolidated Graphics, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
Consolidated Graphics, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Consolidated Graphics, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Consolidated Graphics, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Consolidated Graphics, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Consolidated Graphics, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Consolidated Graphics, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Consolidated Graphics, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Consolidated Graphics, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?