- The report contains detailed information about Commodore Applied Technologies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Commodore Applied Technologies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Commodore Applied Technologies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Commodore Applied Technologies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Commodore Applied Technologies Inc. business.
About Commodore Applied Technologies Inc.
Commodore Applied Technologies, Inc. operates as an environmental solutions company. The company offers a range of environmental and technical services to the public and private sectors.
The company provides services related to environmental management for on-site and off-site identification, investigation remediation and management of hazardous, mixed and radioactive waste; and remediating contamination in soils, liquids and other materials and disposing of or reusing certain waste by-products by utilizing its Solvated Electron Technology (SET).
The company has operations in two segments. These two segments are as follows:
Commodore Advanced Sciences, Inc. primarily provides various environmental and regulatory compliance services to Government agencies on a fixed rate and lump sum basis.
Commodore Solutions, Inc. commercializes technologies to treat mixed and hazardous wastes, principally the companys SET technology.
Commodore Advanced sciences, Inc. - Environmental Management
The company, through Commodore Advanced Sciences, Inc. (Advanced Sciences), provides specialized technical and project management products and services primarily to government-sector customers, including the Department of Energy (DOE) and the Department of Defense (DOD), and also to private-sector domestic industrial customers. Advanced Sciences engages in all aspects of environmental regulation and compliance, as well as access to technologies and skills related to the identification, investigation, remediation and management of hazardous, mixed and radiological waste sites.
Advanced Sciences also sells safety, protective and technical equipment used by its customers and hazardous material handlers.
Environmental Services: Advanced Sciences specializes in environmental characterization, regulatory compliance technical support and waste management services. Advanced Sciences qualifies as a small business under seven NAICS codes.
Advanced Sciences program management and technical services include: environmental site restoration planning, D & D planning & implementation support, preliminary assessments/site investigations, waste minimization, environmental audits & assessments, health & safety oversight & planning, underground-storage-tank site investigation, biological sampling and characterization, environmental impact assessments & statements & remediation, structural engineering analysis, remedial investigations/feasibility studies, deconstruction planning, environmental pollution control, regulatory compliance, hazardous, radioactive, toxic & mixed-waste, federal & state agency coordination management including treatment, public involvement support, and hazardous waste site remediation.
Remediation Services: After an environmental problem is identified, Advanced Sciences offers alternative remediation approaches that may involve providing on-site waste containment or management of on-site/off-site remediation and waste removal. Advanced Sciences can also redesign its customers' ongoing production processes and develop technical specifications to minimize or eliminate the generation of hazardous waste.
Technical Services: Advanced Sciences has access to the SET technology and all its derivatives.
Commodore Solution Technologies, Inc. - Decontamination
The company, through Commodore Solutions, Inc. (Solutions), develops and commercializes its patented process known as SET. SET is capable of treating and decontaminating soils and other materials, including sludges, sediments, oils and other hydrocarbon liquids, metals, clothing and porous and non-porous structures and surfaces by destroying PCBs, pesticides, dioxins, chlorinated substances and other toxic contaminants.
Markets and Customers
The company markets its services and technologies to governmental and industrial customers throughout the United States. Additionally, the companys technologies also have application to similar customers in markets abroad, particularly in Eastern Europe and the Middle East. In 2008, its major customer was Bechtel Jacobs Company LLC.
Environmental Management: The company, in the hazardous waste management market, competes with firms as Energy Solutions, Jacobs Engineering, Science Applications International Corp., CH2M Hill and CDM. In providing environmental impact assessment services, Commodore Advanced Sciences' principal competitors in this market sector include RSI, North Wind, Stoller, Weston Solutions, The Earth Technology Corp., Battelle, URS and Woodward-Clyde.
Decontamination: The companys competitors include Energy Solutions, Pacific EcoSolution, and American Ecology, as well as other treatment companies such as PermaFix. The company also competes with companies that are engaged in providing incineration and other conventional technologies in decontaminating chemical weapons and warfare agents, concentration of nuclear wastes and the decontamination of military vessels and other hardware, such as Raytheon Corporation (the general contractor for the Johnston Atoll incinerator), EG&G, Inc. (the general contractor for the Tooele Army Depot), Mason and Hanger (the general contractor for the Newport News Naval Facility), Waste Management Corporation (a bidder for domestic large burial stockpile weapons decontamination), and others, including Browning-Ferris Industries, Inc., Jacobs Engineering, Inc., Fluor Daniel Corporation and Lockheed Martin Marietta Corporation.
Commodore Applied Technologies, Inc. was founded in 1996.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COMMODORE APPLIED TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COMMODORE APPLIED TECHNOLOGIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COMMODORE APPLIED TECHNOLOGIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COMMODORE APPLIED TECHNOLOGIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COMMODORE APPLIED TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Commodore Applied Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Commodore Applied Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Commodore Applied Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Commodore Applied Technologies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Commodore Applied Technologies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. COMMODORE APPLIED TECHNOLOGIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COMMODORE APPLIED TECHNOLOGIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COMMODORE APPLIED TECHNOLOGIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COMMODORE APPLIED TECHNOLOGIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COMMODORE APPLIED TECHNOLOGIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COMMODORE APPLIED TECHNOLOGIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Commodore Applied Technologies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Commodore Applied Technologies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Commodore Applied Technologies Inc. Major Shareholders
Commodore Applied Technologies Inc. History
Commodore Applied Technologies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Commodore Applied Technologies Inc. Offices and Representations
Commodore Applied Technologies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Commodore Applied Technologies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Commodore Applied Technologies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Commodore Applied Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
Commodore Applied Technologies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Commodore Applied Technologies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Commodore Applied Technologies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Commodore Applied Technologies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Commodore Applied Technologies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Commodore Applied Technologies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Commodore Applied Technologies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Commodore Applied Technologies Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?