- The report contains detailed information about Collectors Universe Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Collectors Universe Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Collectors Universe Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Collectors Universe Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Collectors Universe Inc. business.
About Collectors Universe Inc.
Collectors Universe, Inc. provides authentication and grading services to dealers and collectors of high-value coins, trading cards, event tickets, autographs, memorabilia, and stamps (collectibles).
PCGS Coin Authentication and Grading Services: To offer third-party authentication and grading services, the company has launched Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS). PCGS employs coin graders, who are independent of coin buyers and sellers, to provide impartial authentication and grading services. The company has graded high-value U.S. coins, including an 1804 Draped Bust Silver Dollar and the 1794 Flowing Hair Silver Dollar. In addition, the company began to provide a range of authoritative content on coin collecting to inform and communicate with the collector community, including guides and reports that track the trading prices and the rarity of PCGS-graded coins.
PSA Trading Authentication and Grading Services: The company launched Professional Sports Authenticator (PSA), which instituted a similar authentication and grading system for trading cards. Its independent trading card experts certify the authenticity of and assign grades to trading cards using a numeric system with a scale from 1-to-10 that it developed, together with an adjectival system to describe their condition.
PSA/DNA Autograph Authentication and Grading Services: The companys vintage autograph authentication business offering authentication services for vintage sports autographs and memorabilia that were autographed or signed prior to the time they were presented to it for authentication. It also offers grading services for autographs, beginning with baseballs containing a single signature or autograph.
PSE Stamp Authentication and Grading Services: The company has launched professional stamp experts (PSE) as its independent, third-party stamp authentication, and grading service. The company uses both an adjectival system and a numeric scale from 1-to-100 to grade stamps.
CCE Certified Coin Exchange and Collectors Corner: The company acquired the Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), a subscription-based, business-to-business Internet bid-ask market for coins that have been certified by it or by other independent coin authentication and grading services. The CCE Web site features approximately 100,000 bid and ask prices for certified coins at www.certifiedcoinexchange.com. The CCE provides liquidity in the geographically dispersed and highly fragmented market for rare coins. It has introduced the Collectors Corner, a business-to-consumer Web site that enables sellers on CCE to offer various certified coins simultaneously at wholesale prices on CCE and at retail prices on Collectors Corner (www.collectorscorner.com). There are approximately 100,000 collectibles, consisting primarily of coins, trading cards, and stamps that it has certified, which are offered for sale on Collectors Corner.
Publications and Advertising: The company publishes authoritative price guides, rarity reports, and other collectibles data to provide collectors with information that makes them informed consumers and makes collecting interesting and exciting. It publishes Sports Market Report, which it publishes on a monthly basis primarily for distribution to approximately 6,500 PSA Collectors Club members and the Stamp Market Quarterly for distribution to approximately 1,200 stamp dealers and collectors. The company sells advertising to dealers and vendors for placement in its publications. It manages a Collectors Universe Web site and individual Web sites for its authentication and grading services. On those Web sites, it offers collectible content, relevant to the marketplace for that specific authentication and grading service. It sells advertising to dealers and vendors on these two Web sites and on the Web sites it maintains for PSA/DNA in autographs, PSE in stamps and CCE and Collectors Corner in coins.
Coin Authentication and Grading: The companys principal competitors in the coin authentication and grading market include Numismatic Guaranty Corporation of America, Independent Coin Grading, and ANACS.
Trading card Authentication and Grading: The companys principal competitors in trading card authentication and grading include Beckett Trading card Grading Corporation and Trading Card Guaranty, LLC.
Autograph Authentication and Grading: In the vintage autograph authentication market, the company competes with James Spence Authentication.
Stamp Authentication and Grading: The companys principal competitors include the Philatelic Foundation and the American Philatelic Society.
Collectors Universe, Inc. was founded in 1986.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COLLECTORS UNIVERSE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COLLECTORS UNIVERSE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COLLECTORS UNIVERSE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COLLECTORS UNIVERSE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COLLECTORS UNIVERSE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Collectors Universe Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Collectors Universe Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Collectors Universe Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Collectors Universe Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Diversified Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Collectors Universe Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. COLLECTORS UNIVERSE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COLLECTORS UNIVERSE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COLLECTORS UNIVERSE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COLLECTORS UNIVERSE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COLLECTORS UNIVERSE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COLLECTORS UNIVERSE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Collectors Universe Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Collectors Universe Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Collectors Universe Inc. Major Shareholders
Collectors Universe Inc. History
Collectors Universe Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Collectors Universe Inc. Offices and Representations
Collectors Universe Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Collectors Universe Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Collectors Universe Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Collectors Universe Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Diversified Services Industry Statistics
Collectors Universe Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Collectors Universe Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Collectors Universe Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Collectors Universe Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Collectors Universe Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Collectors Universe Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Collectors Universe Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Collectors Universe Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?