- The report contains detailed information about City Telecom HK Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for City Telecom HK Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The City Telecom HK Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes City Telecom HK Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of City Telecom HK Ltd. business.
About City Telecom HK Ltd.
City Telecom (H.K.) Limited provides residential and corporate fixed telecommunications network and international telecommunications services to customers in Hong Kong and Canada.
The company's wholly-owned subsidiary, Hong Kong Broadband Network Limited (HKBN), is a fixed telecommunications network services operator, providing broadband Internet access up to 1Gbps, telephony, local voice-over-IP services, IPTV services, and corporate data services with its self-built Metro Ethernet IP and fibre network.
The company's users, with its fibre network, can experience 25Mbps, 50Mbps, 100Mbps, 200Mbps, and 1000Mbps broadband services with symmetric upload and download speeds.
bbMAX: bbMAX provides value-added services to its users, including bbWI-FI; bbWATCH; bbDRIVE; bbGUARD; bbMAINT; and getFAXEASY.
bbWI-FI: The company has hotspots all over Hong Kong, which allow users to go online with their electronic devices.
bbWATCH: Allows users to enjoy TV programmes provided by HKBNs bbTV through their personal computer.
bbDRIVE: Provides online virtual storage up to 10GB, interface, and limitless volume file transfer. Users can also back-up their important documents/files safely with bbDrive.
bbGUARD: Filters away problematic and spam virus emails at the server before reaching email in-box.
bbMAINT: Provides solution to its users to help them solve their non-network technical problems.
getFAXEASY: A service for receipt of fax via a designated email to personal computer. The company would also provide user a Fax to Email personal fax number to improve user privacy.
IP TV Service
bbTV service delivers approximately 80 TV channels, mainly in Chinese language, including 24-hour news channel, movies, animation, Chinese opera, financial news, international news, and entertainment, as well as interactive channels, such as stock quote, ringtone download, and interactive quiz.
HKBN provides HOMETEL service to Hong Kong people. It also provides 14 different value-added services to its users.
2b 2nd Generation Broadband Phone
The company's 2b 2nd Generation Broadband Phone is a new telephone service. 2b enables to make and receive phone calls from Hong Kong (either home telephones, office telephone, or mobile phones) through the Internet wherever in Hong Kong or overseas.
The companys international direct calling services, IDD1666 & IDD0030, provide instant connection to overseas.
City Telecom (H.K.) Limited was founded in 1992.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CITY TELECOM HK LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CITY TELECOM HK LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CITY TELECOM HK LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CITY TELECOM HK LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CITY TELECOM HK LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. City Telecom HK Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of City Telecom HK Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of City Telecom HK Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. City Telecom HK Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. City Telecom HK Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. CITY TELECOM HK LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CITY TELECOM HK LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CITY TELECOM HK LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. HONG KONG PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CITY TELECOM HK LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CITY TELECOM HK LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CITY TELECOM HK LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
City Telecom HK Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
City Telecom HK Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
City Telecom HK Ltd. Major Shareholders
City Telecom HK Ltd. History
City Telecom HK Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
City Telecom HK Ltd. Offices and Representations
City Telecom HK Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
City Telecom HK Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
City Telecom HK Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
City Telecom HK Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
City Telecom HK Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
City Telecom HK Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
City Telecom HK Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
City Telecom HK Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
City Telecom HK Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
City Telecom HK Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
City Telecom HK Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
City Telecom HK Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?