- The report contains detailed information about Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. business.
About Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd.
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. provides telecommunication services in Taiwan.
As an integrated telecommunications service provider, the companys principal services include domestic fixed communications services, including local and domestic long distance telephone services, broadband access services, local and domestic long distance leased line services, multimedia on demand, or MOD, services, domestic data services and domestic other services; mobile communications services, including mobile and paging services, sales of mobile handsets and data cards and mobile other services; Internet services, including HiNet, internet service provider, internet value-added services, data communication services, Internet data center services, and internet other services; and international fixed communications services, including international long distance telephone services, international leased line services, international data services, satellite services and international other services.
The companys business segments are Domestic fixed communications business, Mobile communications business, Internet business, and International fixed communications business.
Domestic Fixed Communications Business
Domestic Fixed Communications business includes local and domestic long distance telephone services, broadband access services, local and domestic long distance leased line services, multimedia on demand services, domestic data services, and domestic other services. The company is a provider of local and domestic long distance telephone services in Taiwan. The company also provides interconnection with its fixed line network to other mobile and fixed line operators.
The company provides local telephone services to approximately 12.45 million customers in Taiwan. The companys fixed line network reaches all homes and businesses in Taiwan.
Domestic Long Distance Telephone
The company provides domestic long distance telephone services in Taiwan. It provides intelligent network services over its domestic long distance network, including toll-free calling, universal number, televoting, premium rate service, and VPNs. The company also focuses on offering its customers value-added services and flexible tariff packages.
Broadband (ADSL+ and FTTx) Access
The company provides broadband Internet access through connections based on ADSL and its FTTx technology. The majority of its FTTx deployments consist of fiber-to-the-node with fiber-to-the-building deployments. The company provides ADSL access services to other Internet service providers that do not have their own network infrastructure, and its ADSL customers also include customers that use the company only for the ADSL data access line and choose another provider for ISP services. It had approximately 2.7 million customers, as of December 31, 2009.
The company provides FTTx Internet services, with downlink speeds of 10, 20, 50 and 100 Mbps, in 2009. The company also provides FTTx access services to other Internet service providers that do not have their own network infrastructure. Of the approximately 1.6 million FTTx customers as of December 31, 2009, approximately 1.5 million were also its HiNet subscribers.
Leased Line ServicesLocal and Domestic Long Distance
The company is a provider of domestic leased line services in Taiwan. Leased line services involve offering lines that allow point-to-point connection for voice and data traffic. Leased lines are used by business customers to assemble their own private networks and by telecommunications service providers to establish networks to offer telecommunications services.
The company provides data transmission services to major corporate customers in Taiwan. The company also provides leased lines to other mobile and fixed line service operators for interconnection with its fixed line network and for connection with in their networks. As of December 31, 2009, the company had a total of approximately 61,205 residential and business customers that lease its access points. In addition, the company has established 1,152 hot spots in public areas, such as airports and international convention cente
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CHUNGHWA TELECOM CO. LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CHUNGHWA TELECOM CO. LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CHUNGHWA TELECOM CO. LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CHUNGHWA TELECOM CO. LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CHUNGHWA TELECOM CO. LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. CHUNGHWA TELECOM CO. LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CHUNGHWA TELECOM CO. LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CHUNGHWA TELECOM CO. LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. TAIWAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CHUNGHWA TELECOM CO. LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CHUNGHWA TELECOM CO. LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CHUNGHWA TELECOM CO. LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. Major Shareholders
Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. History
Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. Offices and Representations
Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?