- The report contains detailed information about China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited business.
About China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited
China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited provides a range of telecommunications services, including mobile voice and value-added, fixed-line voice and value-added, fixed-line broadband, data communications, and other telecommunications services in the Peoples Republic of China.
The company operates in two segments, Mobile business and Fixed-line business.
The Mobile Business consists of GSM and 3G mobile business. As of December 31, 2009, the company had approximately 147.59 million mobile subscribers.
GSM Mobile Business: The companys GSM mobile business primarily consists of GSM voice business and value-added business.
GSM Voice Business: The companys mobile voice business enables its subscribers to make and receive phone calls with a mobile handset at any point with in the coverage area of its mobile telecommunications networks. Its mobile voice business includes local calls, domestic long distance calls, international long distance calls, intra-provincial roaming, inter-provincial roaming, and international roaming. As of December 31, 2009, the company had approximately 144.85 million GSM mobile subscribers.
GSM Value-Added Services: The company offers a range of GSM services nationwide, including SMS, Cool Ringtone (a personalized ring-back tone service), general packet radio service, (GPRS), and other wireless information services. In 2009, approximately 76.45 billion SMSs were transmitted by its GSM mobile subscribers. As of December 31, 2009, it had approximately 49.22 million subscribers to its Cool Ringtone service. In addition, as of December 31, 2009, it had approximately 44.789 million GPRS subscribers.
3G Mobile Business: The company launched its 3G operations on a trial basis in 55 cities in China under the brand WO in 2009 and began commercial 3G operations in 285 cities in China. As of December 31, 2009, the number of cities covered by its 3G services was 335. In 2009, the company partnered with Apple Inc. to sell iPhone handsets in China. The company has promoted various 3G services, including mobile Internet, mobile music, mobile television, video handsets, mobile newspapers, and 3G data card. As of December 31, 2009, its 3G subscribers reached 2.74 million.
The company is a fixed-line broadband and communications operator in northern China. It offers a range of fixed-line services nationwide in China, including fixed-line broadband services; traditional fixed-line services; which include fixed-line voice services and value-added services; and data communications and other services.
Fixed-Line Broadband Services and Data Communications Services
Fixed-Line Broadband Services: The company provides fixed-line broadband services in its fixed-line northern service region. As of December 31, 2009, its fixed-line broadband subscribers were 38.55 million. The company also offers integrated broadband content, applications, access, and services.
Data Communications Services: The company provides data communications services in its fixed-line northern service region. It offers managed data products, such as those based on digital data networks (DDN), frame relay, asynchronous transfer mode (ATM), and Internet protocol-virtual private network (IP-VPN). The company also offers leased line products, including domestic and international leased circuits. Its customers for these services include government entities, financial institutions and other domestic and multinational businesses, Internet service providers, and other telecommunications operators. The company has established business cooperation relationships with approximately 160 overseas operators to provide various international data communications products and services, such as international voice and data services. The company also offers cross-border data communications and integrated information services.
Fixed-Line Voice Business: The companys fixed-line voice services consist of local voice, domestic long distance, international long distance, value-added, interconnection, and personal handyphone system (PHS) services. As of December 31, 2009, the fixed-line subscribers (including PHS subscribers) were 102.82 million.
Long Distance Voice Services: The company offers traditional long distance services and VoIP long distance services.
Fixed-Line Value-Added Services: In addition to fixed-line telephone voice services, the company offers a range of value-added services on its fixed-line networks. Its fixed-line value-added services include Personalized Ring and caller identification services. Personalized Ring services enable its fixed-line subscribers to personalize the ring-back tone for incoming calls. As of December 31, 2009, the Personalized Ring subscribers reached 26.63 million.
In 2009, the company has entered into a strategic alliance framework agreement with Telefónica. Pursuant to the framework agreement, Telefónica and the company agreed to share business experience and strengthen cooperation in the areas of mobile communications, broadband applications, international business, marketing and sales, and telecommunications services to corporate clients.
The company competes with China Mobile and China Telecom.
China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited was founded in 2000.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CHINA UNICOM (HONG KONG) LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CHINA UNICOM (HONG KONG) LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CHINA UNICOM (HONG KONG) LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CHINA UNICOM (HONG KONG) LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CHINA UNICOM (HONG KONG) LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. CHINA UNICOM (HONG KONG) LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CHINA UNICOM (HONG KONG) LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CHINA UNICOM (HONG KONG) LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. HONG KONG PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CHINA UNICOM (HONG KONG) LIMITED IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CHINA UNICOM (HONG KONG) LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CHINA UNICOM (HONG KONG) LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited Major Shareholders
China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited History
China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited Offices and Representations
China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited Capital Market Snapshot
China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited 1-year Stock Charts
China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited 5-year Stock Charts
China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?