- The report contains detailed information about CenturyLink, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for CenturyLink, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The CenturyLink, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes CenturyLink, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of CenturyLink, Inc. business.
About CenturyLink, Inc.
CenturyLink, Inc. operates as an integrated communications company. The company provides communications services, such as local and long distance voice, wholesale local network access, high-speed Internet access, other data services, and video services. It primarily conducts its operations in 33 states located within the continental United States.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys incumbent local exchange telephone subsidiaries operated approximately 7.0 million telephone access lines in 33 states, with lines located in Florida, North Carolina, Missouri, Nevada, Ohio, Wisconsin, Texas, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Alabama. The company also provides fiber transport, competitive local exchange carrier service, security monitoring, pay telephone, and other communications, as well as professional and business information services in certain local and regional markets.
The company provides local exchange and long distance voice telephone services; wholesale local network access services; data services, including high-speed Internet services, as well as special access and private line services; fiber transport, competitive local exchange and security monitoring services; and other related services.
Voice: The company offers local calling service to residential and business customers with in its local service areas, generally for a fixed monthly charge. The company offers various voice services (such as call forwarding, caller identification, conference calling, voicemail, selective call ringing and call waiting) to its local exchange customers for an additional monthly fee. The company also offers long distance services to its customers based on either usage or pursuant to flat-rate calling plans.
Network access: The company provides wholesale services to various carriers and customers in connection with the use of its facilities to originate and terminate their interstate and intrastate voice transmissions.
Data: The companys data services comprise high-speed Internet access services and data transmission services over special circuits and private lines. The company offers a range of data services to businesses, long distance carriers, wireless carriers, and CLECs. The companys most significant data service is special access, which consists of providing circuits connecting other carriers networks to their customers locations, wireless carriers cell towers to mobile switching centers or business customers to its network.
Fiber transport and CLEC: The companys fiber transport and CLEC services include fiber transport, competitive local exchange carrier, and security monitoring businesses.
Under the name LightCore, the company sells fiber capacity to other carriers and businesses over a network that encompassed, as of December 31, 2009, approximately 10,300 miles of fiber in the central the United States. The company offers 24-hour security and fire monitoring services to approximately 10,900 customers in select markets in Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Texas and Ohio.
Other: The companys other services include leasing, selling, installing, and maintaining customer premise telecommunications equipment and wiring to its business customers; providing payphone services primarily with in its local service territories and at various state and county correctional facilities around the country; participating in the publication of local telephone directories; providing network database services; and offering its new services. The company also provides printing, direct mail services, and cable television services.
The company was founded in 1968. It was formerly known as CenturyTel, Inc. and chaged its name to CenturyLink, Inc. in May 2010.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CENTURYLINK, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CENTURYLINK, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CENTURYLINK, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CENTURYLINK, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CENTURYLINK, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. CenturyLink, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of CenturyLink, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of CenturyLink, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. CenturyLink, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. CenturyLink, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CENTURYLINK, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CENTURYLINK, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CENTURYLINK, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CENTURYLINK, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CENTURYLINK, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CENTURYLINK, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
CenturyLink, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
CenturyLink, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
CenturyLink, Inc. Major Shareholders
CenturyLink, Inc. History
CenturyLink, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
CenturyLink, Inc. Offices and Representations
CenturyLink, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
CenturyLink, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
CenturyLink, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
CenturyLink, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
CenturyLink, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
CenturyLink, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
CenturyLink, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
CenturyLink, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
CenturyLink, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
CenturyLink, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
CenturyLink, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
CenturyLink, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?