- The report contains detailed information about Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership business.
About Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership
Aliant, Inc. provides information and communications technology, and communication services in Atlantic Canada. The Company has two operating business segments, Telecommunications and Information Technology.
The Telecommunications segment operations are primarily carried out through the Company's 100% ownership interest in Aliant Telecom, Inc. (Aliant Telecom). The Company provides a range of voice and data communications services including local, long distance, wireless, Internet and other services.
This operating segment focuses on three customer segments: consumer, SMB and enterprise businesses.
Products and Services
The following telecommunication products and services are offered to the Companys customers:
The Company provides: Network access service, including provision of local telephone service; Enhanced service features value added services, such as call answer, call display and call forwarding; Data access local data access services such as frame relay, asynchronous transfer mode and interoffice digital access; residential local service in high cost areas; access to its local network to competitors; and telephone sets on rental basis and payphones.
The Company provides: Toll service long distance voice services, including toll-free service; Data network service long distance data transmission circuits; and Long distance terminating to certain telecommunications carriers.
The Company offers cellular, paging and mobile radio services over its analog and digital wireless network. Its Cellular services include airtime, long distance, roaming and enhanced service features such as text and video messaging and Web browsing.
The Company offers high-speed service, dial-up service and improved services and applications such as TV on my PC, security services, music download service and dial-up accelerator.
Other telecommunications services
Other telecommunications services include primarily telephone directory advertising, products, e-learning and newer services such as network management and e-Commerce.
The Company also provides complementary services in: knowledge-service applications offered through its 100% ownership interest in Innovatia, Inc.; retail sales at its 48 dealer and communications outlets in Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador and New Brunswick through its 100% ownership interest in DownEast, Ltd.; telephone directory advertising through its 87.1% partnership interest in Aliant ActiMedia (Joint Venture); and wholesale distribution of wireless handsets, accessories and other telecommunications products through its 45% ownership interest in Atlantic Mobility Products, Ltd.
The Companys subsidiary MT&T Mobility, Inc. also operates in this segment.
New products and services
In 2005, the Company introduced new wireless products and other handsets with expanded data and video capabilities. It launched video messaging in Atlantic Canada and introduced international text messaging. It also launched new Internet service; a Fibre-to-the-Home solution as a pilot project in Halifax. This project delivers VoIP and high-speed Internet; and Aliant TV in parts of Halifax, offering a fully digital television service with approximately 200 TV and music channels, including local content.
The business of the Information Technology operating segment is carried out through the Companys 100% interest in Xwave Solutions, Inc. (xwave). Xwave provides IT services that range from consulting and engineering through to infrastructure management and product fulfillment.
Markets and Customers
The Company serves clients in several geographic markets through offices in Canada, the United States and Europe and key industries including energy and telecommunications, and in select areas of the public sector such as defence, aerospace, healthcare, correctional services and education.
Relationship with BCE and Bell Canada
Memorandum of Agreement with BCE, Inc. (BCE) & Bell Canada: The Company entered into a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with BCE and Bell Canada. This long-term strategic alliance agreement describes the understanding between the Company, BCE and Bell Canada with respect to a strategic alliance for the provision and delivery of telecommunications services.
Bell network alliance: The Company entered into a Network Outsourcing Agreement with Bell Canada for developing an integrated network infrastructure. The Company also signed a bi-lateral Intellectual Property Agreement with Bell Canada that provides access to a spectrum of each others intellectual property in addition to providing the Company with access to Bell Canada's engineering and network intellectual property.
In 2005 the Company also entered into discussions with Bell Canada regarding its 411 service. This arrangement was successfully consummated in January 2006.
Bell Wireline Business Combination: In March 2006, the Company announced that it had entered into an agreement with BCE to combine its wireline telecommunications operations with Bell Canadas wireline telecommunications operations in its regional territories in Ontario and Quebec and BCEs 63.4% indirect interest in the telecommunications operations in certain additional territories in northern Ontario and Quebec that are carried on by Telebec, Limited Partnership and NorthernTel, Limited Partnership. As part of this arrangement, the Company would also transfer its wireless telecommunications operations and its interest in DownEast to Bell Canada.
Aliant, Inc. was founded in 1999.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BELL ALIANT REGIONAL COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS, LIMITED PARTNERSHIP COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BELL ALIANT REGIONAL COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS, LIMITED PARTNERSHIP BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BELL ALIANT REGIONAL COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS, LIMITED PARTNERSHIP SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BELL ALIANT REGIONAL COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS, LIMITED PARTNERSHIP FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BELL ALIANT REGIONAL COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS, LIMITED PARTNERSHIP COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership Industry Position Analysis
6. BELL ALIANT REGIONAL COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS, LIMITED PARTNERSHIP NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BELL ALIANT REGIONAL COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS, LIMITED PARTNERSHIP EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BELL ALIANT REGIONAL COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS, LIMITED PARTNERSHIP ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BELL ALIANT REGIONAL COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS, LIMITED PARTNERSHIP IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BELL ALIANT REGIONAL COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS, LIMITED PARTNERSHIP PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BELL ALIANT REGIONAL COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS, LIMITED PARTNERSHIP VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership Major Shareholders
Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership History
Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership Offices and Representations
Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership Capital Market Snapshot
Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership 1-year Stock Charts
Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership 5-year Stock Charts
Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Bell Aliant Regional Communications Holdings, Limited Partnership Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?