Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. business.
About Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc.
Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. provides telecommunications services to rural, niche and other under-served markets and geographies in the United States, Bermuda, and the Caribbean.
The company, through its operating subsidiaries, provides both wireless and wireline connectivity to residential and business customers, including a range of mobile wireless solutions, local exchange services and broadband Internet services. It owns and operates terrestrial and submarine fiber optic transport systems.
Wireless: In the United States, the company offers wholesale wireless voice and data roaming services to national, regional and local wireless carriers in rural markets located principally in the Southwest and Midwest. The company offers wireless voice and data services to retail customers in Bermuda, Guyana and Turks and Caicos.
Local Telephone and Data: The companys local telephone and data services include operations in Guyana, the mainland United States and the U.S. Virgin Islands. It is a provider of domestic wireline local and long distance telephone services in Guyana. The company offers facilities-based integrated voice and data communications services to residential and business customers in New England, primarily in Vermont, and wholesale transport services in New York State. The company is an Internet access service provider in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
International Long Distance Voice and Data Services: The company is a provider of international voice and data communications into and out of Guyana. As part of its infrastructure, the company owns interests in major international fiber optic cables linking Guyana to, among other places, Suriname, French Guiana, Trinidad, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the mainland United States.
The company provides mobile wireless voice and data communications services in the United States, Bermuda, Guyana and Turks and Caicos.
The company, through its Commnet Wireless, LLC (Commnet) subsidiary, provides wholesale wireless voice and data roaming services in rural markets to national, regional and local wireless carriers. It offers these services to selected international carriers. The company provides these services through its own networks in markets located principally in six states in the Southwest and Midwest. The company also operates smaller networks in seven other states. The company designs, installs and operates its wireless networks in areas where its wholesale customers need extended coverage.
Network: The company operates networks with GSM and CDMA technologies in both the 850 MHz and 1900 MHz bands. This mix of technologies and spectrum varies by market. The majority of its GSM sites are also equipped with GPRS and/or EDGE data technologies. The companys networks comprise telecommunications switches, base stations and radio transceivers located on towers and buildings typically owned by others, and leased transport facilities.
Customers: The company has roaming agreements with approximately 65 United States-based wireless service providers.
The company provides wireless voice and data service to retail and business customers under the name Cellular One in Bermuda, through its BDC subsidiary.
Network: The company operates networks with GSM and CDMA technologies, primarily in the 850 MHz frequency band, which covers the entire population of Bermuda. BDC, through an affiliate, also holds the right to deploy a digital television and data network in Bermuda utilizing the 2.5 GHz band. The company employs Evolution Data Optimized (or EV-DO) services on CDMA network, and in 2009, launched services on a UMTS overlay across GSM network in Bermuda.
Customers: As of December 31, 2009, the company had approximately 20,500 subscribers in Bermuda. As a major CDMA operator on Bermuda, the company is the primary roaming provider for North American visitors using CDMA handsets, such as customers of Verizon Wireless and other carriers.
Competition: In Bermuda, the company competes against the wireless division of the incumbent telephone company and Digicel, which each operate GSM networks.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ATLANTIC TELE-NETWORK, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ATLANTIC TELE-NETWORK, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ATLANTIC TELE-NETWORK, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ATLANTIC TELE-NETWORK, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ATLANTIC TELE-NETWORK, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ATLANTIC TELE-NETWORK, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ATLANTIC TELE-NETWORK, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ATLANTIC TELE-NETWORK, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ATLANTIC TELE-NETWORK, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ATLANTIC TELE-NETWORK, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ATLANTIC TELE-NETWORK, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. Major Shareholders
Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. History
Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. Offices and Representations
Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?