APT Satellite Holdings Ltd. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about APT Satellite Holdings Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for APT Satellite Holdings Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The APT Satellite Holdings Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes APT Satellite Holdings Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of APT Satellite Holdings Ltd. business.
About APT Satellite Holdings Ltd.
APT Satellite Holdings Limited provides satellite services in the Peoples Republic of China and the Asia Pacific region. APSTAR System broadcasts satellite TV channels of international broadcasters, and China, Taiwan and Hong Kong broadcasters, including CCTV, CETV-1, CBSAT, D-Sky, and CableTV.
The company serves as a preferred operator for these and other international and China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong broadcasters. It also provides transponder service to telecommunications operators, including Singapore Telecommunications Limited (SingTel), PCCW Global, and China Telecom Corp. In addition, the company provides transponder service to certain major telecommunication operators in new markets, including Indonesia.
Provision of satellite transponder capacity and related services
APT has entered into a utilization agreement with a customer to utilize APSTAR I at 142 degree East through the end of its useful life. The company launched APSTAR IIR, for the provision of transponder capacity in the Asia Pacific region. APSTAR IIR is located at 76.5 degrees East. The company mainly provides broadcasting service to broadcasters in China, as well as provides telecommunication services to telecom operators in other the Asia Pacific regions.
Satellite-based Broadcasting and Telecommunications Services
APT Telecom Services Limited (APT TS) provides telecommunication services with its FCL. Services under the FCL include VSAT, wholesale voice, and Internet POP gateway services. As of December 31, 2008, there were 87 channels uplinked through APT TVs broadcasting service.
CTIA VSAT Network Limited (CTIA) directly owns 60% of Beijing Asia Pacific East Communication Network Limited which provides data broadcasting services for China market. Beijing Asia Pacific East Communication Network Limited holds a 35% equity interest in Beijing Zhong Guang Xin Da Data Broadcast Technology Co, Ltd.
The APSTAR System is an integrated satellite system that covers approximately 100 countries from Japan to South Africa and from Germany to Australia. The APSTAR System offers its customers the ability to relocate from one satellite to another for strategic reasons of their own. The compatibility of the satellites in the APSTAR System also permits APT to move customers programming from one transponder to another, intra-satellite, or from one satellite to another, for technical reasons or to ensure continuity of service in the event of any difficulties. Additional back-up capacity would also be available to APSTAR System customers on an inter-satellite basis. Preemptible transponder capacity on APSTAR satellites enables customers to be re-routed on an as-needed basis to another satellite in APSTAR System.
Customers and Services
The company provides satellite transponder capacity primarily to the broadcasting and telecommunications markets. Its major customers are China Central Television, China Education Television, and China Broadcasting Film Television Satellite Co., Ltd.
The company International Telecommunications Satellite Organization (Intelsat), Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Limited (AsiaSat), PanAmSat Corporation (PanAmSat), Shin Satellite (ShinSat), Sino Satellite Communications Company Limited (SinoSat), Measat Satellite System (Measat), Jsat Corporation (JSAT), and Asia Broadcast Satellite (ABS-I).
APT Satellite Holdings Limited was founded in 1992.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. APT SATELLITE HOLDINGS LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. APT SATELLITE HOLDINGS LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. APT SATELLITE HOLDINGS LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. APT SATELLITE HOLDINGS LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. APT SATELLITE HOLDINGS LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. APT Satellite Holdings Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of APT Satellite Holdings Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of APT Satellite Holdings Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. APT Satellite Holdings Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. APT Satellite Holdings Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. APT SATELLITE HOLDINGS LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. APT SATELLITE HOLDINGS LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. APT SATELLITE HOLDINGS LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. APT SATELLITE HOLDINGS LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. APT SATELLITE HOLDINGS LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. APT SATELLITE HOLDINGS LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
APT Satellite Holdings Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
APT Satellite Holdings Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
APT Satellite Holdings Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
APT Satellite Holdings Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
APT Satellite Holdings Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
APT Satellite Holdings Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
APT Satellite Holdings Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
APT Satellite Holdings Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
APT Satellite Holdings Ltd. Major Shareholders
APT Satellite Holdings Ltd. History
APT Satellite Holdings Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
APT Satellite Holdings Ltd. Offices and Representations
APT Satellite Holdings Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
APT Satellite Holdings Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
APT Satellite Holdings Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
APT Satellite Holdings Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
APT Satellite Holdings Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
APT Satellite Holdings Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?