ABM Industries Inc. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
(Coronavirus Impact Assessment - Special Edition)
- The report contains detailed information about ABM Industries Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for ABM Industries Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The ABM Industries Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes ABM Industries Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of ABM Industries Inc. business.
About ABM Industries Inc.
ABM Industries Incorporated provides facility services in the United States. The company provides janitorial, parking, security and engineering services for commercial, industrial, institutional, and retail client facilities in cities, primarily throughout the United States.
The company conducts business through its subsidiaries, which are grouped into four segments based on the nature of the business operations. As of October 31, 2010, the four segments were: Janitorial, Parking, Security, and Engineering.
The company provides a range of janitorial services for clients, primarily throughout the United States, in various facilities, including commercial office buildings, industrial buildings, retail stores, shopping centers, warehouses, airport terminals, health facilities, and educational institutions, stadiums and arenas, and government buildings. These services include floor cleaning and finishing, window washing, furniture polishing, carpet cleaning and dusting, and other building cleaning services. Its Janitorial subsidiaries operate in all 50 states under thousands of individually negotiated building maintenance contracts. The majority of the Janitorial segments contracts are for one to three year periods.
The company provides parking and transportation services operating in 38 states and the District of Columbia through 32 offices. Its operates parking lots and garages at various facilities, including office buildings, hotels, medical centers, retail centers, sports and entertainment arenas, educational institutions, municipalities, and airports. There are three types of arrangements for parking services: managed locations, leased locations, and allowance locations. Under the managed arrangements, it manages the underlying parking facility for the owner. Under leased location arrangements, it leases parking facilities from the owner and is responsible for a majority of the operating expenses. Under allowance arrangements, it provides parking services and is then responsible for the agreed-upon operating expenses based upon the agreement terms. The company improves parking operations through the use of technology, including improvements to the proprietary revenue control software, SCORE4; implementation of its client access software, ABM4WD.com; and on-line payment software.
The company provides security services to a range of businesses. Its Security subsidiaries operate in 37 states and the District of Columbia through 48 offices. Security services include staffing of security officers, mobile patrol services, investigative services, electronic monitoring of fire, life safety systems and access control devices, and security consulting services. Clients served include class A high rise, commercial, industrial, retail, medical, petro-chemical, and residential facilities. Investigative services include white collar crime investigation, undercover operations, and background screening services.
The company provides client facilities with on-site engineers to operate and maintain mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems utilizing, in part, computerized maintenance management systems. Its Engineering subsidiaries operate in 36 states and the District of Columbia through 9 branches and maintain national ISO 9000 certification (ISO). Certain of its Engineering services are designed to maintain equipment for client locations, including high-rise office buildings, schools, computer centers, shopping malls, manufacturing facilities, museums, and universities.
The companys engineering services also provide clients with streamlined, centralized control and coordination of multiple facility service needs. Its National Service Call Center provides centralized dispatching, emergency services, accounting and related reports to financial institutions, high-tech companies, and other clients regardless of industry or size. Its Engineering services also include energy management services which provide solutions to help curb the companys clients cost of utilities within a facility, reduce energy consumption, and minimize the carbon footprint of a facility.
The company has a client base in various facilities, including commercial office buildings, industrial buildings, retail stores, shopping centers, warehouses, airports, health facilities and educational institutions, stadiums and arenas, and government buildings.
ABM Industries Incorporated was founded in 1909.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ABM INDUSTRIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ABM INDUSTRIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ABM INDUSTRIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ABM INDUSTRIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ABM INDUSTRIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. ABM Industries Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of ABM Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of ABM Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. ABM Industries Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. ABM Industries Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ABM INDUSTRIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ABM INDUSTRIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Consensus
7.2. Experts Revisions
8. ABM INDUSTRIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ABM INDUSTRIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ABM INDUSTRIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ABM INDUSTRIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
ABM Industries Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
ABM Industries Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
ABM Industries Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
ABM Industries Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
ABM Industries Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
ABM Industries Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
ABM Industries Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
ABM Industries Inc. Key Executives
ABM Industries Inc. Major Shareholders
ABM Industries Inc. History
ABM Industries Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
ABM Industries Inc. Offices and Representations
ABM Industries Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
ABM Industries Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
ABM Industries Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
ABM Industries Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
ABM Industries Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
ABM Industries Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?