- The report contains detailed information about WGNB Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for WGNB Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The WGNB Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes WGNB Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of WGNB Corp. business.
About WGNB Corp.
WGNB Corp. operates as the holding company for First National Bank of Georgia, which offers banking services to individuals and small to medium-sized businesses in Georgia. The company attracts its deposits from Carroll, Haralson, and Douglas Counties; and conducts its lending transactions from an area encompassing Carroll, Haralson, Douglas, and Paulding Counties.
The company's main office is located in Carrollton, Georgia. It operates a total of 14 branches and 9 additional 24-hour ATM sites located in Carroll, Haralson, and Douglas Counties in Georgia. It also offers Internet banking services through its Web site located at www.fnbga.com.
The company offers various deposit services, including checking accounts, NOW accounts, savings accounts, and other time deposits of various types, ranging from money market accounts to longer-term certificates of deposit.
The companys lending business consists primarily of making consumer loans to individuals and commercial loans to small and medium-sized businesses and professional concerns. In addition, it also makes secured real estate loans, and first and second mortgage loans for the acquisition or improvement of personal residences.
Real Estate Loans: Loans secured by real estate make up the primary component of the companys loan portfolio. These loans consist of commercial real estate loans, construction and development loans, residential real estate loans, and home equity loans. Real estate loans are collateralized by commercial and residential real estate primarily located in its primary and secondary market areas. The types of real estate that typically constitute collateral include primary and secondary residences for individuals, multi-family projects, places of business, real estate for agricultural uses, and developed and undeveloped land.
Commercial Loans, other than Commercial Loans Secured by Real Estate: The company makes loans for commercial purposes in various industries resident to its market area. The typical commercial loan has collateral, such as equipment for business use and inventory and may include unsecured working capital lines.
Consumer Loans: The company makes various loans to individuals for personal and household purposes, including secured and unsecured installment and term loans and lines of credit. These loans are typically collateralized by personal automobiles, recreational vehicles or cash on deposit and may include unsecured loans to individuals.
Other Lending Activities: The company also engages in secondary-market mortgage activities whereby it originates mortgage loans on behalf of investor correspondent banks that fund the loans.
As of December 31, 2008, the companys investment portfolio included U.S. government sponsored enterprises; state, county and municipal securities; mortgage-backed securities; and corporate bonds.
The companys primary competitors include other small community commercial banks, such as McIntosh Commercial Bank, First Georgia Banking Company, Community Bank of West Georgia, Peoples Community National Bank, Douglas County Bank, First Commerce Community Bank, and River City Bank; and institutions, such as Bank of North Georgia (a division of Synovus), BB&T, Regions Bank, United Community Bank, Bank of America, SunTrust Bank, and Wachovia Bank, a division of Wells Fargo.
WGNB Corp. was founded in 1946.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WGNB CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WGNB CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WGNB CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WGNB CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WGNB CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. WGNB Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of WGNB Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of WGNB Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. WGNB Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. WGNB Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. WGNB CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WGNB CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WGNB CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WGNB CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WGNB CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WGNB CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
WGNB Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
WGNB Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
WGNB Corp. Major Shareholders
WGNB Corp. History
WGNB Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
WGNB Corp. Offices and Representations
WGNB Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
WGNB Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
WGNB Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
WGNB Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
WGNB Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
WGNB Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
WGNB Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
WGNB Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
WGNB Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
WGNB Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
WGNB Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
WGNB Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?