- The report contains detailed information about Westfield Financial Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Westfield Financial Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Westfield Financial Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Westfield Financial Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Westfield Financial Inc. business.
About Westfield Financial Inc.
Westfield Financial, Inc. operates as the holding company for Westfield Bank, which offers banking products and services to individuals and businesses.
The company operates 11 banking offices in Agawam, East Longmeadow, Holyoke, Southwick, Springfield, West Springfield, and Westfield, Massachusetts. It also has 8 free-standing ATM locations in Feeding Hills, Springfield, West Springfield, and Westfield, Massachusetts. In addition, it provides online banking services through its Web site located at www.westfieldbank.com.
The company's loan portfolio primarily consists of commercial and industrial loans, commercial real estate loans, residential real estate loans, home equity loans, and consumer loans.
Commercial and Industrial Loans: The company offers commercial and industrial loan products and services which are designed to give business owners borrowing opportunities for modernization, inventory, equipment, construction, consolidation, real estate, working capital, vehicle purchases, and the financing of existing corporate debt. It offers business installment loans, vehicle and equipment financing, lines of credit, and other commercial loans. The company provides complementary commercial products and services, various commercial deposit accounts, cash management services, Internet banking, sweep accounts, an ATM network, and night deposit services. It offers a remote deposit capture product whereby commercial customers can receive credit for check deposits by electronically transmitting check images from their own locations.
Commercial Real Estate Loans: The company originates commercial real estate loans to finance the purchase of real property, which consists of apartment buildings, business properties, multi-family investment properties and construction loans to developers of commercial and residential properties. It also offers construction loans to finance the construction of commercial properties located in its primary market area. The majority of the commercial real estate portfolio consists of loans which are collateralized by properties in the Pioneer Valley of Massachusetts and northern Connecticut.
Residential Real Estate Loans and Originations: The company processes its originations of residential real estate loans through a third party mortgage company. It holds residential real estate loans in its loan portfolio. It occasionally purchases adjustable rate mortgages, which are serviced by the originating institutions, from other banks located in Massachusetts. The company originates and funds its home equity loans.
Consumer Loans: The company offers various consumer loans to retail customers in the communities it serves. Its consumer loans include automobile loans, secured passbook loans, credit lines tied to deposit accounts to provide overdraft protection, and unsecured personal loans.
As of December 31, 2009, the company's investment portfolio included securities of government-sponsored enterprises; municipal bonds; government sponsored residential mortgage-backed securities; U.S. government guaranteed residential mortgage-backed securities; private label residential mortgage-backed securities; and marketable equity securities: mutual funds and common and preferred stock.
The company offers various deposit accounts, which include regular savings deposits (consisting of passbook and statement savings accounts), NOW accounts, noninterest-bearing demand accounts, money market accounts, and time deposits. It also offers jumbo certificates of deposit, tiered money market accounts, and customer repurchase agreements.
Westfield Financial, Inc. was founded in 1853.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WESTFIELD FINANCIAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WESTFIELD FINANCIAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WESTFIELD FINANCIAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WESTFIELD FINANCIAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WESTFIELD FINANCIAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Westfield Financial Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Westfield Financial Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Westfield Financial Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Westfield Financial Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Westfield Financial Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. WESTFIELD FINANCIAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WESTFIELD FINANCIAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WESTFIELD FINANCIAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WESTFIELD FINANCIAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WESTFIELD FINANCIAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WESTFIELD FINANCIAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Westfield Financial Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Westfield Financial Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Westfield Financial Inc. Major Shareholders
Westfield Financial Inc. History
Westfield Financial Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Westfield Financial Inc. Offices and Representations
Westfield Financial Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Westfield Financial Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Westfield Financial Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Westfield Financial Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Westfield Financial Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Westfield Financial Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Westfield Financial Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Westfield Financial Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Westfield Financial Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Westfield Financial Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Westfield Financial Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Westfield Financial Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?