- The report contains detailed information about West Coast Bancorp that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for West Coast Bancorp. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The West Coast Bancorp financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes West Coast Bancorp competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of West Coast Bancorp business.
About West Coast Bancorp
West Coast Bancorp operates as the holding company for West Coast Bank, which provides various banking and related financial services. As of December 31, 2009, the company had facilities in 43 cities and towns in western Oregon and southwestern Washington, operating a total of 61 full-service and 4 limited-service branches and a Small Business Administration (SBA) lending office in Vancouver, Washington.
The company also owns West Coast Trust Company, Inc. (West Coast Trust), an Oregon trust company that provides agency, fiduciary, and other related trust services. West Coast Trust provides trust services and life insurance products to individuals, for-profit and not for-profit businesses and institutions. West Coast Trust acts as fiduciary of estates and conservatorships, and as a trustee under various wills, trusts, and pension and profit-sharing plans.
For consumer banking customers, the company offers various checking and savings accounts, check cards, and borrowing products, such as personal lines of credit, credit cards and various first and second lien residential mortgage products and other types of consumer loans. Consumer accounts consist of free checking and six other account types, each specifically designed to meet the needs of a market segment.
For business banking customers, the company offers customized deposit products tailored for specific needs, including various checking accounts, Iternet-based cash management, iDeposit, a remote deposit service that allows business customers to make deposits electronically, and a range investment services, all with online and/or CD-ROM information reporting. Customized financing packages provide businesses with a suite of credit facilities that include general commercial loans (short and intermediate term), revolving lines of credit, real estate loans and lines to support construction, owner-occupied and investor financing and SBA loans. The company offers business credit cards (VISA) and equipment leasing through vendor alliances and other types of business credit.
As of December 31, 2009, the company's loan portfolio included commercial loans, real estate construction, real estate mortgage, commercial real estate loans, and installment and other consumer loans.
The company's real estate construction loans include commercial construction loans, two-step residential construction loans, residential construction to builder loans, and residential subdivision or site development loans. Its real estate mortgage loans include mortgage, nonstandard mortgage loan, and home equity loans and lines of credit. The company's commercial real estate loans are provided for office buildings, retail facilities, commercial/agricultural, medical offices, industrial parks and related manufacturing plants, multi-family - 5+ residential, hotels/motels, assisted living, land development and raw land, mini storage, food establishments, and other.
As of December 31, 2009, the company's investment portfolio included the U.S. treasury securities; U.S. government agency securities; corporate securities; mortgage-backed securities; obligations of state and political subdivisions; and equity investments and other securities.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys deposit instruments included demand deposits, interest bearing demand deposits, savings accounts, money market accounts, time deposits, short-term borrowings, and long-term borrowings.
West Coast Bancorp was founded in 1925.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WEST COAST BANCORP COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WEST COAST BANCORP BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WEST COAST BANCORP SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WEST COAST BANCORP FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WEST COAST BANCORP COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. West Coast Bancorp Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of West Coast Bancorp and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of West Coast Bancorp and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. West Coast Bancorp Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. West Coast Bancorp Industry Position Analysis
6. WEST COAST BANCORP NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WEST COAST BANCORP EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WEST COAST BANCORP ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WEST COAST BANCORP IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WEST COAST BANCORP PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WEST COAST BANCORP VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
West Coast Bancorp Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
West Coast Bancorp Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
West Coast Bancorp Major Shareholders
West Coast Bancorp History
West Coast Bancorp Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
West Coast Bancorp Offices and Representations
West Coast Bancorp SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
West Coast Bancorp Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
West Coast Bancorp Capital Market Snapshot
West Coast Bancorp Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
West Coast Bancorp Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
West Coast Bancorp Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
West Coast Bancorp Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
West Coast Bancorp 1-year Stock Charts
West Coast Bancorp 5-year Stock Charts
West Coast Bancorp vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
West Coast Bancorp vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
West Coast Bancorp Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?