- The report contains detailed information about Waddell & Reed Financial Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Waddell & Reed Financial Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Waddell & Reed Financial Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Waddell & Reed Financial Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Waddell & Reed Financial Inc. business.
About Waddell & Reed Financial Inc.
Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides investment management, investment product underwriting and distribution and shareholder services administration to mutual funds and institutional and separately managed accounts in the United States.
The company operates its business through three distinct distribution channels. Its retail products are distributed through sales force of registered financial advisors (the Advisors channel) or through third-parties, such as other broker/dealers, registered investment advisors, including the retirement advisors of the Legend group of subsidiaries (Legend) and various retirement platforms, (collectively, the Wholesale channel). It also markets investment advisory services to institutional investors, either directly or through consultants (the Institutional channel). Through its Institutional channel, the company manages assets for defined benefit pension plans, other investment companies (as a subadvisor), defined contribution plans, endowments, and clients.
The company operates its investment advisory business through its subsidiary companies, primarily Waddell & Reed Investment Management Company (WRIMCO), a registered investment adviser and Ivy Investment Management Company (IICO), the registered investment adviser for Ivy Funds, Inc. and the Ivy Funds portfolios (collectively, the Ivy Funds). The companys other investment advisory subsidiary is Legend Advisory Corporation (the registered investment adviser for Legend).
The companys underwriting and distribution business operates through three broker/dealers: Waddell & Reed, Inc. (W&R), Ivy Funds Distributor, Inc. (IFDI) and Legend Equities Corporation (LEC). W&R is a registered broker/dealer and investment adviser that acts primarily as the national distributor and underwriter for shares of Advisors Funds and a distributor of variable annuities and other insurance products issued by its business partners. In addition, W&R is a distributor of its Ivy Funds. IFDI, a registered broker/dealer, is the distributor and underwriter for the Ivy Funds. LEC is the registered broker/dealer for Legend, a mutual fund distribution and retirement planning subsidiary based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. Through its network of financial advisors, Legend primarily serves employees of school districts and other not-for-profit organizations.
Waddell & Reed Services Company (WRSCO) provides transfer agency and accounting services to the Advisors Funds, the Ivy Funds, Ivy Funds Variable Insurance Porfolios, Inc. (the Ivy Funds VIP) and Waddell & Reed InvestEd Portfolios, Inc., its college savings plan (InvestEd).
Investment Management Operations
The companys investment advisory business provides investment advisory and management services pursuant to an investment management agreement with each fund within the Advisors Funds family, the Ivy Funds families, the Ivy Funds VIP family, and InvestEd, (collectively, the Funds). The agreements provide that the company render overall investment management services to each of the Funds. In addition to performing investment management services for the Funds, it acts as an investment adviser for institutional and other private investors. The company provides subadvisory services to other investment companies.
Investment Management Products
The companys mutual fund families offer various investment options. It operates as a underwriter and distributor of 80 registered open-end mutual fund portfolios, including 20 portfolios in the Advisors Funds family, 32 portfolios in the Ivy Funds family, 25 portfolios in the Ivy Funds VIP family and 3 portfolios in InvestEd. The Advisors Funds, variable products offering the Ivy Funds VIP, and InvestEd are offered primarily through its financial advisors and Legend advisors; in some circumstances, certain of these funds are also offered through the Wholesale channel. The Ivy Funds are offered through both its Advisors channel and Wholesale channel. The Funds' assets under management are included in either its Advisors channel or its Wholesale channel depending on who marketed the client account or is the broker of record.
The company offers the Ivy Micro Cap Growth fund for investors seeking long-term capital appreciation and invests a majority of the fund's net assets in equity securities of primarily domestic and, to a lesser extent, foreign micro cap companies. The Ivy Municipal High Income fund was added for investors interested in a high level of income that is not subject to federal income tax.
Pursuant to general agency arrangements with Nationwide and Minnesota Life, the company distributes their variable annuity products, which offer the Target Funds as an investment vehicle. The company also offers its customers retirement and life insurance products underwritten by its business partners. Through its insurance agency subsidiaries, the companys financial advisors also sell life insurance and disability products underwritten by various carriers.
In addition, the company offers asset allocation investment advisory products, including Managed Allocation Portfolio (MAP) and Strategic Portfolio Allocation (SPA), which utilize its Funds. MAP includes two mutual fund asset allocation programs, MAP and MAP Plus, that offer clients a selection of traditional asset allocation models, as well as features, such as systematic rebalancing and client participation in determining (to a limited extent) asset allocation across asset classes.
MAP and MAP Plus are fee-based mutual fund asset allocation programs, structured to provide advisors and clients with advisory services, a pricing option with other firms' fee-based products, and flexibility to allow advisors to assist clients in selecting underlying funds based upon their individual needs.
In 2009, the company sold its advisory subsidiary, Austin, Calvert & Flavin, Inc. (ACF).
Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc. was founded in 1937.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WADDELL & REED FINANCIAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WADDELL & REED FINANCIAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WADDELL & REED FINANCIAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WADDELL & REED FINANCIAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WADDELL & REED FINANCIAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Waddell & Reed Financial Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Waddell & Reed Financial Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Waddell & Reed Financial Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Waddell & Reed Financial Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Waddell & Reed Financial Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. WADDELL & REED FINANCIAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WADDELL & REED FINANCIAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WADDELL & REED FINANCIAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WADDELL & REED FINANCIAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WADDELL & REED FINANCIAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WADDELL & REED FINANCIAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Waddell & Reed Financial Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Waddell & Reed Financial Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Waddell & Reed Financial Inc. Major Shareholders
Waddell & Reed Financial Inc. History
Waddell & Reed Financial Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Waddell & Reed Financial Inc. Offices and Representations
Waddell & Reed Financial Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Waddell & Reed Financial Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Waddell & Reed Financial Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Waddell & Reed Financial Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
Waddell & Reed Financial Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Waddell & Reed Financial Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Waddell & Reed Financial Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Waddell & Reed Financial Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Waddell & Reed Financial Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Waddell & Reed Financial Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Waddell & Reed Financial Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Waddell & Reed Financial Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?