- The report contains detailed information about Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Virtus Investment Partners, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. business.
About Virtus Investment Partners, Inc.
Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. provides investment management products and services to individuals and institutions. The company operates a multi-manager asset management business, comprising individual affiliated managers, each having its own distinct investment style, autonomous investment process and brand.
The company provides its products in various forms and through multiple distribution channels. Its retail products include open-end mutual funds, closed-end funds and separately managed accounts. The companys fund family of 49 open-end funds is distributed primarily through intermediaries. The companys five closed-end funds trade on the New York Stock Exchange. Retail separately managed accounts comprise intermediary programs sponsored and distributed by unaffiliated brokerage firms and private client services originated and maintained by its affiliated managers. The company also manages institutional accounts for corporations, multi-employer retirement funds and foundations, endowments, special purpose funds and other types of institutions.
The companys assets under management comprise mutual fund assets (open- and closed-end), separately managed accounts (intermediary sponsored and private client) and institutional accounts (traditional institutional mandates and structured products).
Open-End Mutual Funds
As of December 31, 2008, the company managed 49 open-end funds, across various equity and fixed income styles, including money market, asset allocation fund-of-funds and alternative investments. As of December 31, 2008, approximately 19% of its mutual fund assets (32% excluding money market mutual funds) were managed by its affiliated managers.
The companys equity fund offerings include various market caps and investment styles, including large-, mid- and small-cap funds offered in value, core and growth styles, and including international, global, emerging market and sector-specific funds. Its fixed income fund offerings cover a range of fixed income asset classes, including core, multi-sector, tax-exempt and high yield.
The company offers individual money market funds focused on corporate, tax-exempt and government securities. Its fund family also includes asset allocation fund-of-funds, including a set of target risk funds and one that invests primarily in alternative investments.
The company manages the assets of five closed-end funds as of December 31, 2008, each of which is traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Its closed-end products include utility, municipal and corporate taxable and tax-exempt bonds and tactical asset allocation strategies provided by two of its affiliated managers.
The company offers various equity, fixed income and real estate investment trust strategies to institutional clients, including corporations, multi-employer retirement funds and foundations, endowments and special purpose funds. The company also includes in its institutional products investment management services to certain funds available to purchasers of variable life and variable annuity products. The company acts as the collateral manager for collateralized loan obligations and collateralized debt obligations.
The companys principal retail marketing strategy is to distribute funds and separately managed accounts through financial intermediaries to individuals. The company has broad access in this marketplace, with distribution partners that include national and regional broker-dealers, independent broker-dealers and independent financial advisory firms. The company supports these distribution partners with a team of regional sales professionals (wholesalers), a national account relationship group and separate teams for the retirement market and the registered investment advisory market.
VPD, a broker-dealer registered under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, serves as principal underwriter and national wholesale distributor of its open-end mutual funds and managed accounts. Mutual fund shares are distributed by VPD under sales agreements with unaffiliated national and regional broker-dealers and financial institutions. VPD also markets advisory services of affiliated asset managers to sponsors of managed account programs.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VIRTUS INVESTMENT PARTNERS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VIRTUS INVESTMENT PARTNERS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VIRTUS INVESTMENT PARTNERS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VIRTUS INVESTMENT PARTNERS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VIRTUS INVESTMENT PARTNERS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. VIRTUS INVESTMENT PARTNERS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VIRTUS INVESTMENT PARTNERS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VIRTUS INVESTMENT PARTNERS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VIRTUS INVESTMENT PARTNERS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VIRTUS INVESTMENT PARTNERS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VIRTUS INVESTMENT PARTNERS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. Major Shareholders
Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. History
Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. Offices and Representations
Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?