- The report contains detailed information about Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc. business.
About Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc.
Virginia Commerce Bancorp, Inc. operates as the holding company for Virginia Commerce Bank, which offers a range of business and consumer banking products and services.
As of December 31, 2009, the company operated through 28 branch offices throughout northern Virginia, 1 residential mortgage office in Chantilly, Virginia, and 1 investment services office in Vienna, Virginia.
The company serves the northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C., including Arlington, Fairfax, Fauquier, Loudoun, Prince William, Spotsylvania, and Stafford Counties and the cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Fredericksburg, Manassas, and Manassas Park. Its service area also covers Washington, D.C. and the nearby Maryland counties of Montgomery and Prince Georges.
The company provides businesses with a range of deposit accounts, merchant bankcard services, electronic funds transfer services, lock-box services, remote deposit capture, on-line banking, lines of credit for working capital, term loans and commercial real estate loans, and provides consumers with various deposit products, home equity and revolving lines of credit, installment loans, and Internet banking services. The company also offers investment services and provides safe deposit boxes, as well as other customary banking services.
The company offers an array of lending services to its customers, including commercial loans, commercial real estate loans, lines of credit, equipment financing, construction loans, letters of credit, residential mortgages, personal loans, auto loans, and home equity loans and lines of credit.
Commercial Loans: Commercial loans are written for any legitimate business purpose, including the financing of plant and equipment, interim working capital pending collection of accounts receivable, permanent working capital for growth, and the acquisition and construction of real estate projects. The company focuses on commercial real estate investment. It offers commercial construction loans, residential construction loans to builders, and land acquisition and development loans made to builders. Commercial lines of credit is used to finance a business borrowers short-term or seasonal credit needs and advances are often based on a percentage of eligible receivables and inventory.
Consumer Loans: Loans are considered for any worthwhile personal purpose on a case-by-case basis, such as financing of tuition, household expenditures, home, and automobile financing. Consumer credit facilities are underwritten to focus on the borrowers credit record, length and stability of employment, income to service debt, and quality of collateral.
Mortgage Lending: The company originates residential mortgage loans, on a pre-sold basis, for sale to secondary market purchasers, on a servicing released basis.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys investment portfolio included the U.S. government agency obligations, obligations of states/political subdivisions, and pooled trust preferred securities.
The companys deposit products include demand deposits, saving and money market accounts, and time deposits.
The companys customer base includes small-to-medium sized businesses, including firms that have contracts with the U.S. government, associations, retailers and industrial businesses, professionals and their firms, business executives, investors, and consumers.
Virginia Commerce Bancorp, Inc. was founded in 1988.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VIRGINIA COMMERCE BANCORP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VIRGINIA COMMERCE BANCORP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VIRGINIA COMMERCE BANCORP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VIRGINIA COMMERCE BANCORP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VIRGINIA COMMERCE BANCORP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. VIRGINIA COMMERCE BANCORP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VIRGINIA COMMERCE BANCORP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VIRGINIA COMMERCE BANCORP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VIRGINIA COMMERCE BANCORP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VIRGINIA COMMERCE BANCORP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VIRGINIA COMMERCE BANCORP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc. Major Shareholders
Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc. History
Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc. Offices and Representations
Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?