- The report contains detailed information about Valley National Bancorp that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Valley National Bancorp. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Valley National Bancorp financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Valley National Bancorp competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Valley National Bancorp business.
About Valley National Bancorp
Valley National Bancorp operates as the bank holding company for Valley National Bank, which provides a range of commercial and retail banking services. The company has 197 full-service banking offices located throughout northern and central New Jersey and New York City.
The company provides a range of commercial and retail banking services. These services include the acceptance of demand, savings and time deposits; extension of consumer, real estate, commercial loans; equipment leasing; personal and corporate trust, and pension and fiduciary services.
The companys wholly owned subsidiaries include a mortgage servicing company; a title insurance agency; asset management advisors which are Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) registered investment advisors; an all-line insurance agency offering property and casualty, life and health insurance; subsidiaries which hold, maintain and manage investment assets for the bank; a subsidiary which owns and services auto loans; a subsidiary, which focuses on asset-based lending; a subsidiary which offers financing for general aviation aircraft and servicing for existing commercial equipment leases; and a subsidiary, which focuses on health care equipment and other commercial equipment leases.
The companys segments include Consumer Lending, Commercial Lending, and Investment Management.
Consumer Lending: This segment consists of residential mortgages, home equity loans and automobile loans.
Commercial Lending: This segment consists of floating rate and adjustable rate commercial and industrial loans, as well as fixed rate owner occupied and commercial real estate loans.
Investment Management: This segment is mainly consist of fixed rate investments, trading securities, and depending on its liquid cash position, federal funds sold and interest-bearing deposits with banks (primarily the Federal Reserve Bank of New York).
As of December 31, 2009, the companys investment portfolio included U.S. treasury securities; U.S. government agency securities; obligations of state and political subdivisions; residential mortgage-backed securities; trust preferred securities; corporate and other debt securities; and equity securities.
The company offers various deposit products, including savings, NOW, money market deposits, time deposits, and certificates of deposit.
Valley National Bancorp was founded in 1927.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VALLEY NATIONAL BANCORP COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VALLEY NATIONAL BANCORP BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VALLEY NATIONAL BANCORP SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VALLEY NATIONAL BANCORP FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VALLEY NATIONAL BANCORP COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Valley National Bancorp Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Valley National Bancorp and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Valley National Bancorp and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Valley National Bancorp Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Valley National Bancorp Industry Position Analysis
6. VALLEY NATIONAL BANCORP NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VALLEY NATIONAL BANCORP EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VALLEY NATIONAL BANCORP ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VALLEY NATIONAL BANCORP IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VALLEY NATIONAL BANCORP PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VALLEY NATIONAL BANCORP VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Valley National Bancorp Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Valley National Bancorp Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Valley National Bancorp Major Shareholders
Valley National Bancorp History
Valley National Bancorp Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Valley National Bancorp Offices and Representations
Valley National Bancorp SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Valley National Bancorp Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Valley National Bancorp Capital Market Snapshot
Valley National Bancorp Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Valley National Bancorp Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Valley National Bancorp Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Valley National Bancorp Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Valley National Bancorp 1-year Stock Charts
Valley National Bancorp 5-year Stock Charts
Valley National Bancorp vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Valley National Bancorp vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Valley National Bancorp Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?